Top Posters Today

weljo2001 weljo2001
1 Posts
oldtimer oldtimer
1 Posts
sporthog93
1 Posts
Sonny Sonny
1 Posts


Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Michelin PR 3s  (Read 1491 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 6315
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
  • Country: gb
Re: Michelin PR 3s
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 07:09:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by PhilDHY [+]
Bet that squeaking noise ain't coming from the versys 😁

Or Geoff's wallet   :002: 

*Originally Posted by Paul_Smith [+]
Curry's, McDonalds, Halfords and Pound Stretchers? Certainly reminds me of an English town centre, I just can't quite remember which one...

FWIW Paul, I wasn't thinking about National 'Chain' type stores....but it doesn't matter as the thread is now at risk of being dragged someway off topic 
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online Crosshairs

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 659
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: East Coast
  • Country: us
Re: Michelin PR 3s
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 07:40:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
OK the decision  has been  made regarding  which  tyres  go on  the  big V next. Michelin  road 5s?. nah. Michelin road 4s .? nah. Michelin  road 3s.nah. I am going back to the future after much research, and after lots of help from my tyre people, who state that modern day tyres with their sipes, and carbon black and modern day tyre manufacturer clap trap, are just gimmicky terms to make us buy their all new, all singing  all  dancing fancy  new hoops. But I am having  none of it.  I'm going  Michelin Pilot  Road 2s. I will report  in once the  bike  comes out of hibernation.

Why stop there..why not not go all the way back to solid tires.....maybe you can chip yourself a nice set out of some rock..... :008:

Offline TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 6315
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
  • Country: gb
Re: Michelin PR 3s
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 08:19:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
OK the decision  has been  made regarding  which  tyres  go on  the  big V next. Michelin  road 5s?. nah. Michelin road 4s .? nah. Michelin  road 3s.nah. I am going back to the future after much research, and after lots of help from my tyre people, who state that modern day tyres with their sipes, and carbon black and modern day tyre manufacturer clap trap, are just gimmicky terms to make us buy their all new, all singing  all  dancing fancy  new hoops. But I am having  none of it.  I'm going  Michelin Pilot  Road 2s. I will report  in once the  bike  comes out of hibernation.

So, all the proven development of tyres, materials,  construction and compounds both on and off the track has not resulted in any improvement then over the past few years...... nah, sorry I don't buy that idea.  :138:     :008:   

Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline 100milesaway

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 3878
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
  • Country: england
Re: Michelin PR 3s
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2018, 09:25:51 PM »
You may not buy it Rog. But I cannot really say that I have noticed any difference in performance of my tyres (except the PR3s) over quite a few years, and many many tyres. And I normally go through 4 of em every biking season. Thinking back I cannot remember any tyre that really gave me the creeps, and didn't handle everything that my style of riding threw at it. Furthermore the PR2 has been on the market for 9 years and is still one of Michelins best sellers. So maybe not everyone falls for the manufacturers " construction, and better compounds blurb". You can rest assured though, that if the PR2s are a bag of Shite like my last Michelin tyre was, I will let you all know. :002:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 6315
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
  • Country: gb
Re: Michelin PR 3s
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2018, 09:34:37 PM »
I have no doubt that you will.........  I expect nothing less   :001:   

I recall changing the OEM tyres on my mk1 Versys  for Metzelers Roadtech,  the difference was  immediately noticeable and  quite remarkable.   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Paul_Smith

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 949
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
  • Country: ie
Re: Michelin PR 3s
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 05:34:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
You may not buy it Rog. But I cannot really say that I have noticed any difference in performance of my tyres (except the PR3s) over quite a few years, and many many tyres. And I normally go through 4 of em every biking season. Thinking back I cannot remember any tyre that really gave me the creeps, and didn't handle everything that my style of riding threw at it. Furthermore the PR2 has been on the market for 9 years and is still one of Michelins best sellers. So maybe not everyone falls for the manufacturers " construction, and better compounds blurb". You can rest assured though, that if the PR2s are a bag of Shite like my last Michelin tyre was, I will let you all know. :002:
Thats a true Yorkshireman - optimistic skinflint who will make the best of his lot. (P.S. you do know you will get even better mileage from a Honda Cub? )

Offline TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 6315
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
  • Country: gb
Re: Michelin PR 3s
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2018, 07:03:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul_Smith [+]
Thats a true Yorkshireman - optimistic skinflint who will make the best of his lot. (P.S. you do know you will get even better mileage from a Honda Cub? )

Correction....Geoff isn't a Yorkshireman, he's a Lancashire lad (Living in Yorkshire) some may say that makes him an 'offcomer' or a 'blow in'   :008: 
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online Sonny

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1598
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
  • Country: us
Re: Michelin PR 3s
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 07:17:09 PM »
Any man runs two sets of tires off his bike every season has my undying.  :123A:

And of course in the case of Hunnerd Mile Geoff, that leaves me trying to calculate how much cake meets its fate per year in order to sustain such a pace. Paul S. would have to do the math on that...  :1: :008:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline PhilDHY

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 46
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2013
  • City / Town: York
  • Country: gb
Re: Michelin PR 3s
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 08:22:33 PM »
I did hear that Geoff moved to Yorkshire having eaten most of the cake in Lancashire. Rog, not liking the competition moved to Northern Ireland; not realizing he will also have to eat dulse, and possibly yellowman  :157:

Offline TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 6315
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
  • Country: gb
Re: Michelin PR 3s
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2018, 08:51:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by PhilDHY [+]
I did hear that Geoff moved to Yorkshire having eaten most of the cake in Lancashire. Rog, not liking the competition moved to Northern Ireland; not realizing he will also have to eat dulse, and possibly yellowman  :157:

 :008:   well its a view Phil......oh, dont forget the Carrageen Moss, which I have eaten and do like  :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

 



Recent Topics


waggish