Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Radial Calipers on V1  (Read 7705 times)

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: Radial Calipers on V1
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2018, 07:42:55 PM »
Yes, a rider may get away with teasing the tiger for a while but in the end alcohol and motorcycles do not mix. I never mix them, period, having done some stupid things long ago and gotten away with it. It's not always impaired motor skills or reaction time so much, but the deadly effect of unbelievably bad judgement that will get you.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline kris

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2018, 01:25:10 AM »
yes, guys, you are right.  but I wrote it jokingly.  I did have a couple of beers a prolonged period of time, but not enough to weaken my concentration on the road or clarity of mind. I did ride very fast, but just to test the new brakes.  Yes, alcohol slows down our reaction but only when you cross a certain line where the liver cannot break down the ethanol. which then enters the bloodstream.  Hence, in certain countries, having a small amount of alcohol for a driver is still legally allowed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:32:07 AM by kris »

Offline hobzinho

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1k '16
  • City / Town: N. CA
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2018, 03:21:58 AM »
Legal or not, when I'm riding I don't touch a drop of alcohol as a hard rule.  Sometimes if I know I'm going to have a drink I'll just make the decision to drive - and yes I am aware of the massive hypocrisy there, but I don't drink much anyway.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2018, 07:47:06 AM »
Any alcohol and motorcycling is just so wrong in every way   :5:     
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline kris

• Versys Pro
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2018, 08:08:54 AM »
I personally do not mind to have a beer now and then on my motorcycle trips.  I know my body and how it responds to alcohol.  Demonizing alcohol and exaggerating its dangers is yet another extreme.  However, I do avoid putting the shitty ethanol fuel in my petrol tank :)

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Any alcohol and motorcycling is just so wrong in every way   :5:     

+ 1

Offline kris

• Versys Pro
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2018, 01:36:43 PM »
I command all of you guys that you are so proper....  is it an American thing?  I will have my beer anyway:)  but drinking alcohol or not should pertain to another thread. 

Just to conclude the original subject, the combo of Brembo Radial M4 and RCS17 MC (set on 18 pivot distance) is just exhilarating.  Now, I am not only braking because I have to, but because I can, just for the pure joy of it.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2018, 01:50:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by kris [+]
I command all of you guys that you are so proper....  is it an American thing?  I will have my beer anyway:)  but drinking alcohol or not should pertain to another thread. 

Just to conclude the original subject, the combo of Brembo Radial M4 and RCS17 MC (set on 18 pivot distance) is just exhilarating.  Now, I am not only braking because I have to, but because I can, just for the pure joy of it.

No.... it's a common sense thing Kris...No one is telling you how to act, we are just offering our opinions...forgive me Kris but it was you who first introduced this topic to the thread

To anyone who has lost a loved one due to drink driving it is a very real and devastating circumstance
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline kris

• Versys Pro
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2018, 02:08:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
No.... it's a common sense thing Kris...No one is telling you how to act, we are just offering our opinions...forgive me Kris but it was you who first introduced this topic to the thread

To anyone who has lost a loved one due to drink driving it is a very real and devastating circumstance

Yes, and I appreciate it all.  But there is a difference between getting drunk or tipsy and using alcohol with moderation and common sense.  Most of the bike accidents happen for different reasons that drinking.  People are just careless and absentminded.  I live on an island, where statistically one person gets killed a day because both the locals and tourists are not following the road rules and pay no attention to the traffic.

I must say that I did have a serious accident in the past due to drinking, and serious knee problems that followed, but then I was really under the influence while doing some crazy off-road riding.  I like to think that I have learned my lesson.

Offline TallyRex

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2018, 09:08:55 PM »
I hope you stay safe and live to be a very old man

Recent Topics