Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What are you listening to ?  (Read 19987 times)

Online markymark11

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Carbon Grey - 2016
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
Re: What are you listening to ?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2018, 07:32:19 AM »
I have a Mexican Strat and a 1973 SG lookalike that was made for me by "Mick Johnson" who designed the Fender Strat 50th anniversary neck. Don't worry I can't play them but I make the odd accidental tuneful sound  :008:

The problem is like most of us I grew up with and am still listening to.. Page , Gilmour, Moore, Iomi, May, Blackmore etc etc and was conned into believing I could also be a rockstar....oh dear, I nearly had tea with Mr Page one day when I was 16 so that didn't help but that's another story  :008: :008:
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 07:51:08 AM »
Sonny, have you ever considered starting up another band  :question: 

Good stuff on the links BTW  :020:     
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2018, 09:09:26 AM »
Well, those guys at that time very very proficient and professional, and we had all been well known in Austin for years before, playing with good acts, so the band took off quickly and worked well. The energy level we could reliably deliver, with no mistakes or sound problems, made us arguably the hardest working band around at the time. Heck, I lived well and paid for a pilot's license with the money we made and I still have some of the money in the bank from that band. But after 4 years we grew tired of one another and of the scene around us and we broke up. We're still friends all these years later, though.

I came back to my birthplace of Dallas after a great 15 years in Austin, wanting to marry my GF and do something else, so I sold real estate for several years, did design work on an aviation history museum for a year, ran a neighborhood landscape and home repair business for a few years and then gave up and went back to music as a side man. I have worked with everybody in the Dallas blues and R&B scene, played in a successful corporate party band, done other stuff. Played hundreds of solo acoustic guitar / singer gigs. But I haven't found a team that worked as well as Cam King and Fred Krc, the guitarist and drummer for The Explosives. Those deals don't come along every day. We were like musical commandos, confident and well trained.

I'm still playing with a good band a few times a month, but I'm slowed down and easing out of the business. It's just not the same world as when we were in our 20s...  :034:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2018, 09:48:16 AM »
"It's just not the same world as when we were in our 20s... "         oh sooooooo true   :008:

Sad thing is I can remember my 20s....but I struggle to remember what I was doing 20 minutes ago  :4:         

Roger (Rog)

Offline vulcanmaster

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Bike of Prey
  • City / Town: Würzburg
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2018, 05:19:51 PM »
i know, it's a cover ........ but brilliant

NO KAWA - NO FUN
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Current Bikes: Versys 1000 & VN 1600

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2018, 05:23:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
"It's just not the same world as when we were in our 20s... "         oh sooooooo true   :008:

Sad thing is I can remember my 20s....but I struggle to remember what I was doing 20 minutes ago  :4:       

Yessir, you have to roll with the changes as you age. The "sweet spot" of life moves around, but if you keep yr. head you can find it. I am blessed with a loving wife, good friends, good bikes and guitars, decent food and shelter and a few bucks in the bank... I ain't whining...  :027:

A few years ago I was playing an outdoor gig on a big stage in the SMU college campus area. After the set, I asked the band leader, "Hey, did you see the look that gorgeous girl with the blonde hair kept giving me? Nobody has given me that look in years!"

He looked me up and down and said, "Sonny, my man. That look wasn't 'I want to jump on that guy.'  She was thinking 'Hey, that guy looks like my daddy'!"   :124:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2018, 05:39:36 PM »
Vulcanmaster, that song is very pretty and true...  :028:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2018, 07:31:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by vulcanmaster [+]
i know, it's a cover ........ but brilliant

That is the first time I ever heard that version, sung by a beautiful lady with an equally beautiful voice  :002: 

Today I have been listening to this

And some/lots of this   :008: 

Roger (Rog)

Offline vulcanmaster

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Bike of Prey
  • City / Town: Würzburg
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2018, 05:20:43 PM »
@ TYKE  nice songs  :37:

and a very good song with an very funny video