Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Suggestions on mods  (Read 1004 times)

Online Vespista1960

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
Re: Suggestions on mods
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 09:16:38 AM »
Most important improvement, if you use to ride in the dark, are the fog lights to help the ridiculous headlights, which are the only serious defect of BigV.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 04:12:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vespista1960 [+]
Most important improvement, if you use to ride in the dark, are the fog lights to help the ridiculous headlights, which are the only serious defect of BigV.

I suppose that extra lighting should improve your visibility on the road as far as other road users are concerned, however some drivers wouldn't see you if your bike was dressed up like a 1960s 'mods' scooter  :008:   
You preach what you need to hear

Roger (Rog)

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 10:05:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
I suppose that extra lighting should improve your visibility on the road as far as other road users are concerned, however some drivers wouldn't see you if your bike was dressed up like a 1960s 'mods' scooter  :008:
So true Rog. All the extra lights, and wearing all the fluorescent kit in the world is useless if the gormless buggers are not actually looking.
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline KevinRLI

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Oceanside
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 10:35:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vespista1960 [+]

Are the stock lights that bad? is there any LED lights that replace the stock ones. Ive seen plenty of aux lights, curious

Online Oldplodder

• Versys Master
  • Knows bugger all
  • Bike: V1K Mk1-GL1800 '13
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 11:07:16 PM »
I am on stock lights on my Mk1 and they are 'adequate' for my night riding which I do about 6 times a months (deep darkness and not twilight) a probable total of 200 miles (ish)
If I was to be doing more night riding I may consider upgrading to brighter bulbs.

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Online Vespista1960

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 07:36:35 AM »
I was referring to Mk2 and to the need to see, not to be seen.
Yes, in my opinion Mk2 stock headlights are that bad. Ride on a twisties road in the dark together with an RT and you'll learn what the true envy is.
There are many topics here on bulbs replacement and lights and different opinions. My suggestion is to install oem fog lights (made by PIAA, expensive but good).
Just don't exceed with 'mods' mods... :008:

Online Paul_Smith

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 01:26:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
While true, that shouldn't stop you from at least trying to improve your visibility.
The single best safety mods, in my opinion, are fitting LED headlights, LED sidelights and LED fog lights.
For comfort, Consider re-upholstering and reshaping the seat, Fitting a Puig screen and barkbusters will increase you r comfortable range by quite a bit.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 03:03:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul_Smith [+]
While true, that shouldn't stop you from at least trying to improve your visibility.
The single best safety mods, in my opinion, are fitting LED headlights, LED sidelights and LED fog lights.
For comfort, Consider re-upholstering and reshaping the seat, Fitting a Puig screen and barkbusters will increase you r comfortable range by quite a bit.

I already have LED fog lights fitted  :028:   
You preach what you need to hear

Roger (Rog)

Online Keener

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 05:47:46 PM »
VISIBILITY
I have fitted to the panniers a 3m product 983-32 its basically a highly reflective safety tape comes in red and white  , you can cut it to any size or shape you require ..comes 2 inch wide
so on the panniers  for example I cut some 1 inch wide 5inch long strips and applied them ,on the front of the bike you could apply just the white part of the tape  in smaller strips  on to the fairing below the headlights ..
even in the daylight when the sun/bright lite.. catches the reflective tape the effect is impressive ..at night in the headlights of other vehicles.. the front and rear light reflection  is Dramatic ..
I also have put a strip on the back of my truck ...

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Diamond-Grade-Conspicuity-Marking-Roll-983-32-PN67636-Red-White-2-in-x-18-in-cuts-2-in-x-50-yd-1-per-box/?N=5002385+3294778835&rt=rud

you can buy lower cost tapes as well......just search reflective tapes 

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:23:00 PM by Keener »

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 08:26:20 PM »
I use the 3M tape on my bikes. Every little bit of viz helps at night.  :028:

Recent Topics

waggish