Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Why we love motorcycles  (Read 944 times)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Why we love motorcycles
« on: February 16, 2018, 05:41:27 AM »
I thought this was a nice little video:

G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline markymark11

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Carbon Grey - 2016
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
Re: Why we love motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 07:50:54 AM »
 :89: :001:
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 08:05:15 AM »
Fantastic Sonny...what a good find...thanks for sharing  :028:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 10:41:38 AM »
That just about sums it up. The feeling that us bikers get from our passion is very special.  Good find Sonny.    I will be happy to still be on the planet at 91 years old, never mind still riding a motorcycle.  :002:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 12:59:20 PM »
From time to time people ask me if I'm not a little old to be riding motorcycles. I tell them that it is keeping me young by focusing my mind and senses and response time like no other activity could.

I'm sure I'm not the only older rider who can say that after taking a spin it feels as if my whole mind and body have received a tune-up.

Still, I gotta hand it to that 91 year old fellow. Something tells me if I am fortunate enough to be riding at 91, it will not be on a 'Busa!  :015: :5:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Keener

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 02:38:06 PM »
 :37:   Sometimes I feel sorry for those that do not ride

Offline saddlebag

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K
  • City / Town: Ohiya
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 03:28:22 PM »
Good thing I don't ride a Busa. I can't afford to live that long!

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 05:12:01 PM »
Something tells me that old boy is not out pulling wheelies at 100mph on his steed... he probably got that out of his system in the late 1950s! He prob. stays in Rain mode with TC all the way up. Which in no way dimishes his legacy... or my respect...   :028: :020:

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 05:57:00 PM »
Nice find Sonny, it made me get the bike out this afternoon despite not feeling 100% and it was good to be on two wheels again.

Ta muchly.   :031:

Offline Keener

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 06:16:41 PM »
A few years back several and some actually , there was as usual a group of us riding some very challenging mountain roads that we went to every year , our group had  some pretty accomplished riders and the pace set was fast and smooth as per usual .
One day we encountered while taking a break an much older fellow on a Ducati 900ss it was a bevel drive so I would guess about 1978 model .
He pulled up and chatted with us about the roads , corners all types and law enforcement in the area he was new to the roads and welcomed any information he could garner from us before we set off ..
He asked  to tag along with us on the way back to town and we obliged him..
The road in question is full of just about any kind of corner you could ask for  along with some short straights in total about 50km long .
He was the first to leave as we all set out , I was two bikes behind him in line and I must say I expected to pass very shortly on the outset, as speeds picked up it became very evident that this was not going to happen his ability and style of riding was beautiful to watch from behind , entrance speed was smooth and calculated in the corners and in the straights he would roll off and then on and set himself up for the next set of switchbacks , always perfect lines and smooth as glass the whole way back , hardly any brake lights were seen it was an absolute pleasure to ride with him.
I learned some tricks that day as well and the ride was never to be forgotten , when we arrived in town for fuel he  kept on going .
Later we talked about this old man and his old Ducati and how smooth, fast and well he rode on a road he had never been on before ..Occasionally we talk of him still , I wonder if he is still out there after all these years.     

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:24:14 PM by Keener »

Recent Topics

waggish