Author Topic: Photos Gallery Updates  (Read 690 times)

Offline Admin

• Forum Administrator
  • Versys Pro
  • City / Town: London
Photos Gallery Updates
on: February 26, 2018, 04:37:45 PM
The Photos Gallery has had a few updates:

1.  UHD / 4K images now accepted up to 3840x2160 (5MB max)
2.  Updates to image viewer
3.  Bug Fixes

Attachments

As previously mentioned, the use of attachments for images is slowly being phased out. In future attachments will be confined to non-image files like pdf, docs etc.

On that basis members who wish to embed images into their posts should now be using the Photos Gallery instead.

For those who are not aware, the Photos Gallery is not just a place to put your photos, it's also a powerful image upload facility.

Gallery Albums

When you use the Photos Gallery we recommend that you create some albums for your images.

If you don't create any albums then your images are just sitting in what is essentially a big bucket. Putting them into albums gives you more control. Also having them in Albums makes it easier when you are looking for an image.

If you have albums already in place then you can choose an album at the point of upload.

Don't forget you can give your Gallery area an individual look by adding an avatar and a background to your profile.

Profiles with them can look really bland e.g.

With:

Without:

Some FAQ links:

More than just a Gallery...

How to Upload to the Gallery

How to use the Image Upload Button

How to embed a Gallery Image into your Post

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: Photos Gallery Updates
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 06:46:22 PM
Well done  and a BIG thanks   :celebrate:   

The main problem I used to experience was image size, and the resulting requirement to 'resize' which due to my limited mental capacity always presented me with a task that I  struggled to complete.

The new and enlarged  image sizing facility should massively improve and ease up picture posting ...let's hope I  can now manage it   :008:   

:celebrate:    :celebrate:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)