Vadim Vadim
1 Posts
Claude
1 Posts
weljo2001 weljo2001
1 Posts
Sonny Sonny
1 Posts

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Michelin Road 5 Tires (or Tyres)  (Read 2642 times)

Online Keener

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Re: Michelin Road 5 Tires (or Tyres)
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
True, but I don't mind hearing opinions about tires. When people say "turns in well and tracks a line, sticks well in the wet..." I know what they're saying and I mark it down in my mind.  :028:

yea I guess I am the same otherwise I wouldn't be here  :034:
But ...I cant be sold away from a tire that works for me ....interesting how one can really like a product and another thinks its... :151: meh...

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 02:09:23 PM »
I'll be needing some new hoops before too long and might go for Metzeler Roadtec 01...the jury is still out....I still do not like these OEM Bridgies tho'   :151:     
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline peter73

• Ex Member
  • Versys Master
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2018, 05:33:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
I'll be needing some new hoops before too long and might go for Metzeler Roadtec 01...the jury is still out....I still do not like these OEM Bridgies tho'   :151:   

I replaced the BT30 with Rt01 quite a long time ago and don't remember details but I do remember that the Rt01 were definitely stickier (especially in cold and wet), softer (more comfortable), more neutral in curves and more table at higher speeds but also felt somewhat plasticky (I do not know how to explain this in more objective terms). The thing about the Rt01 is that the rubber on them is VERY thin and by the end of their life I started getting punctures every few hundred kms and that is before they got to the wear marks.

After the Rt01 I got RS3, which I found even better IMO: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,17553.0.html

Offline mstrs

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 1000
  • City / Town: Brisbane
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2018, 08:09:52 AM »
I'll add my 2c....
My Versys had T30s on it when I got it. Can't say I particularly like them and I'm not getting the mileage I expect out of them. I will be replacing with a Michelin Road 5 on the rear and a Power RS on the front. That combo (in Road 4 and Power 3) never gave me any 'moments' on my Z1000. And I got over 17,000kms out of a rear and more from the front.
Yes, the Versys is a different bike, but I have faith this combo will do equally well. All the reports I have seen say so...

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2018, 09:48:35 AM »
@ peter thanks for the info.... I'm still weighing up my options and will replace my OEM tyres in the next month or so    :002: 

@ mstrs..Thanks for your info.... The road 5 is still an option, and in that regard I'm waiting for reports from other members that I think now have them fitted but haven't had them long enough to provide feedback    :002:   

Roger (Rog)

Offline CuddyBuddy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Brighton
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2018, 02:18:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
The road 5 is still an option, and in that regard I'm waiting for reports from other members that I think now have them fitted but haven't had them long enough to provide feedback
After listening to the great input of those who responded to my post, I've ordered the Road 5's.  Thanks everybody for your help.

Rog - I'd be happy to report back.  But, after riding twice this week, last night's snowfall means I won't be back on the road for awhile.  :023: :023: :023:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 02:19:44 PM by CuddyBuddy »
Paul
2012 Versys 1000
2004 Gold Wing 1800

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2018, 02:33:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by CuddyBuddy [+]
After listening to the great input of those who responded to my post, I've ordered the Road 5's.  Thanks everybody for your help.

Rog - I'd be happy to report back.  But, after riding twice this week, last night's snowfall means I won't be back on the road for awhile.  :023: :023: :023:

No rush Paul...same crappy weather here  :003:   

Roger (Rog)

Online Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2018, 06:27:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by peter73 [+]
...The thing about the Rt01 is that the rubber on them is VERY thin and by the end of their life I started getting punctures every few hundred kms and that is before they got to the wear marks...
Now that you noticed this I realize that with 01s I got the first puncture in a long time. Certainly it is a coincidence :notsure:
Anyway, I think that Paeonia Lactiflora told the Truth.

P.S. I look forward for the next thread on T31. I'm very curious  :015:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2018, 06:43:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vespista1960 [+]
Now that you noticed this I realize that with 01s I got the first puncture in a long time. Certainly it is a coincidence :notsure:
Anyway, I think that Paeonia Lactiflora told the Truth.

P.S. I look forward for the next thread on T31. I'm very curious  :015:

I will be interested to hear about the T31 also. However I'm not a fan of Bridgestone tyres so I'll take some convincing,  at this stage Metzelers are looking likely   :002:   

Roger (Rog)

Offline peter73

• Ex Member
  • Versys Master
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2018, 07:51:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vespista1960 [+]

I got three or four in less than 1k kms - must be a coincidence too :-))))

Seriously though - I found no nails or screws or whatever, meaning that the they got punctured by something that was not big or sharp enough to even stay on the tyre. I got a puncture on my RS3 as well but it was a 4cm screw.

Recent Topics

waggish