Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Two-up advice  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: Two-up advice
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2018, 06:48:39 PM »
Here's to you. You've got a heavenly place to ride.  :152:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2018, 08:31:04 PM »
It sounds idyllic  :2: 

Great to hear that you are enjoying your Versys 
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Keener

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2018, 03:14:10 AM »
Was there last year (sunshine coast)  two up and loaded  as well ...great trip and my V1 did fantastic  :759:

Offline conscious

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 15 Versys1K, 17 T100
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2018, 05:09:53 AM »
We really are blessed with some great riding. 

Last week I took my new Street Triple RS for it’s maiden ride.  The route is the famous (at least in these parts) Sea To Sky Highway (Vancouver to Whistler) and the Duffey Lake Road (Whistler to Lillooet). Fantastic scenery, lots of double lane passing (sea to sky) and tremendous mountain twisties (Duffey Lake rd).   The Street Triple was the perfect tool for that job!!
2015 Versys 1000, Oxford heated grips, throttle lock
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS

Offline motoswami

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: ALTO
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2018, 04:49:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by conscious [+]
We really are blessed with some great riding. 

Last week I took my new Street Triple RS for it’s maiden ride.  The route is the famous (at least in these parts) Sea To Sky Highway (Vancouver to Whistler) and the Duffey Lake Road (Whistler to Lillooet). Fantastic scenery, lots of double lane passing (sea to sky) and tremendous mountain twisties (Duffey Lake rd).   The Street Triple was the perfect tool for that job!!

Beautiful roads, indeed.  My lady and I enjoyed that exact route four years ago, two-up with full camping gear on a 650 Vee-Strom.  It did great the next two weeks, when we rode on to Jasper to enjoy the Icefield Parkway.  You folk in BC have a lot to be envied.

Back to the original poster's query, the first thing I did when introducing my lady to the bike's back seat was head to the nearest vacant parking lot and explain the dynamics that involve turning a motorcycle and the necessity of leaning the bike.  She accepted that leaning was a requirement, and not just some willy-nilly thing  riders do to impress or scare passengers, and learned to trust and enjoy the feeling.  A couple of years into her riding experience, we took a really intense two-day low-speed maneuvering class (one large training range and a thousand orange cones!).  She loved the insights she received from the instructors as to how she could make my job easier, and felt the experience was one of our riding highlights.  Being my ballroom dance partner, she takes to being "one-with-the-bike" easily, and we've enjoyed many thousand of miles together. 
A final note about intercom:  essential.  Our bluetooth headsets add tons of enjoyment.  Simple example:  I'm somewhat color-deficient and don't see reds against greens very well.  She points out some lovely wildflowers I would otherwise miss.  (She's pretty good at seeing Stop signs, too, but that's another issue)
Pete Tamblyn
Alto, GA
2015 Versys 1000, candy unburnt orange

Offline conscious

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 15 Versys1K, 17 T100
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2018, 04:39:33 PM »
+1 Intercom.  Makes riding two up...well...two up.

What a great idea getting an instructor to give advice to the passenger.  Marriage saver.  :)

I can see how being a ballroom dance partner would make riding two up so natural.  My girl is a figure skater (and I'm a hockey player) so leaning the bike over feels very natural to us.

And I can't think of a better place for the big V to stretch it's legs than the Icefields Parkway...can't wait!!
2015 Versys 1000, Oxford heated grips, throttle lock
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS

Recent Topics

waggish