Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Traction Control and Cornering  (Read 2037 times)

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: Traction Control and Cornering
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2018, 04:58:53 PM »
My brothah!  :123A:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:01:25 PM by Sonny »
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Old Biker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk1
  • City / Town: East Grinstead
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2018, 05:04:15 PM »
That's it always cover the branch with one hand. :152:

Offline Old Biker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk1
  • City / Town: East Grinstead
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »
Just noticed he is using all his fingers though.

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 07:07:06 PM »
Well, this is too far off topic, but I don't share quite the same impression of P_S. He is opinionated, but he cares about mastery of riding and he knows a lot. I've said it before -- I listen to him, and I never mind a bit of abrasion here and there. I listen to you too, sir. I listen to everybody and I do my own weighing and balancing of the information. The thing about a forum like this one is, there are literally centuries of motorcycle experience here, from beginners to experts, and for the most part everyone has made it through to ride again today.  :029:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Keener

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2018, 07:26:19 PM »
I Rarely listen to anyone ...because I am a lone wolf and I make my own laws ... :007:

ok just kidding .....I value opinion but most of all their experiences...I have learned a lot over the years this way and look forward to more .....
btw  I cover my brake lever with......3 fingers .... :7:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:45:07 PM by Keener »

Online peter73

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 08:46:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Keener [+]
... btw  I cover my brake lever with......3 fingers .... :7:

I cover both levers with my middle fingers - as a salute to the oncoming traffic :-))

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2018, 08:47:17 PM »
It has been my policy to listen to the opinions of others because I consider myself to be 'open minded ' "every day is a school day"

However I,  like others, I suspect, am getting tired of the long lengthy diatribes that seem to now be the 'norm' for certain members to habitually become involved in or introduce into general topics of discussion.

Yes, I know this is a forum of generally like minded members, all of whome are entitled to an opinion,  BUT there is a difference between expressing an opinion and becoming judgemental

So come on, FFS let's lighten up, enjoy our bikes and to utilise an expression of today which states .....chill out ! 
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Welder

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Pac NW
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2018, 02:03:32 AM »
Well I have done my 600 mile oil change so am now using up to 6K RPM... that has been enough to begin experimenting with the TC.  So far I love it.  I have been using TC3 for wet w/ gravel, and TC2 for dry w/ gravel.  The intervention is super gentle and sets the front down softly after it has come up a bit gassing over a rise or drop off.  Power delivery remains smooth. 

Same deal on the gas when hitting sand / gravel.  There is a nice fast turn I frequent.  As the turn opens the speed is probably 80 MPH or so, and you can roll the throttle on.  There is also some sand and loose asphalt gravel in this area so the back end will spin up and step out a bit - same with my Gixxer 750, only at higher speed and with what feels like more spin.  Anyhow the TC gently intervenes as the back starts to step out, no drama at all.  I would say the Versys back end probably slides a little less that the Gixxer (which has no TC), but it is a close call as I am gentle rolling on the throttle with the Suzuki too.

Nice job Kawasaki.  I can definitely see the potential value of this system.

I look forward to trying it further when I can get on it without the 6K break-in redline.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 02:05:10 AM by Welder »

Recent Topics

waggish