Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear peg change on the GT  (Read 1045 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Martin8180

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 15
  • City / Town: Hull
Rear peg change on the GT
« on: April 01, 2018, 12:47:30 AM »
Wondered if anyone on here has changed the standard foot pegs on the GT model?
The fittings on the pannier frame seem to be different from the standard Versys 1000.
Can anyone help?
I'm looking for a larger foot rest as my passenger has problems with the tendons in her ankle.

 

Online TowerMan

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 273
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Biggar.
  • Country: scotland
Re: Rear peg change on the GT
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Martin8180 [+]
Wondered if anyone on here has changed the standard foot pegs on the GT model?
The fittings on the pannier frame seem to be different from the standard Versys 1000.
Can anyone help?
I'm looking for a larger foot rest as my passenger has problems with the tendons in her ankle.

It might be worth contacting Speedy G @ Motowerks to see if the rear passenger lowering blocks for the Mk3 V 650 do fit the Mk2 V1k   :027:

That should relive the overstretched tendons in her ankle  :028:

https://motowerk.com/collections/kawasaki-versys-v650lt/products/rear-lowering-foot-peg-blocks-v650







Richard  :001:
                  Details HERE  :123A:
And the on the V650 forum - www.versys.co.uk

Offline Martin8180

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 15
  • City / Town: Hull
Re: Rear peg change on the GT
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 06:54:12 PM »
Thanks Richard,
Good Idea. Although Im in the UK.
But I'll look for something similar in the UK.

Offline BikerMan

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 443
  • Bike: 2018 V1K GT SE
  • City / Town: SE London
  • Country: england
Re: Rear peg change on the GT
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 11:02:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Martin8180 [+]
Thanks Richard,
Good Idea. Although Im in the UK.
But I'll look for something similar in the UK.
Hi Martin8180, if you are looking for superb build quality, you will be hard pushed to find the quality of the MotoWerk items. I can vouch for that having just bought a set of their Bar Risers and the standard Flat Foot side-stand extension. Those guys over the pond certainly know how to make great products and in my opinion well worth paying the extra postage to get the stuff sent over to the UK  :028:
Just saying......................
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 11:04:57 PM by BikerMan »

Offline CuddyBuddy

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Brighton
  • Country: ca
Re: Rear peg change on the GT
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 12:55:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by BikerMan [+]
Hi Martin8180, if you are looking for superb build quality, you will be hard pushed to find the quality of the MotoWerk items. I can vouch for that having just bought a set of their Bar Risers and the standard Flat Foot side-stand extension. Those guys over the pond certainly know how to make great products and in my opinion well worth paying the extra postage to get the stuff sent over to the UK  :028:
Just saying......................
I'll second the quality of Moto Werk.  Just purchased and installed my first Moto Werk products - highway peg mounts.  Very pleased with the quality, the fit, the numerous positions they can be put in, etc.
Paul
2012 Versys 1000
2004 Gold Wing 1800

Offline Martin8180

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 15
  • City / Town: Hull
Re: Rear peg change on the GT
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 02:19:11 AM »
What a cool idea Highway peg mounts.
I was think of knocking something up like that.

Offline CuddyBuddy

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Brighton
  • Country: ca
Re: Rear peg change on the GT
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 02:32:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by Martin8180 [+]
What a cool idea Highway peg mounts.
I was think of knocking something up like that.
Hi Martin - I got the Moto Werk Highway Peg Mounts (and Rivco Flatfoot Wide Peg Set) specifically because my V1 has a Givi engine guard.  I didn't think any other highway peg setup would work.  For more info, take a look at the Highway Pegs thread https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,18271.20.html
Paul
2012 Versys 1000
2004 Gold Wing 1800

Offline Rockdoc

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 387
  • Bike: 2018 V1k GT
  • City / Town: Derby
  • Country: gb
Re: Rear peg change on the GT
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 06:38:36 AM »
The Rivco rests look just the thing for Ruth because she’s missing the footboards she had on our K1200LT. I’ll have to send them an email and see if their Honda adaptors will work on the back of a Versys.

Keith
2018 Candy Fire Red/Metallic Flat Spark Black GT.
Where do they get the names for these colours?

Offline powerfulpete

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 140
  • Bike: 2015 versys 1000
  • City / Town: mansfield
  • Country: gb
Re: Rear peg change on the GT
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 04:05:34 PM »
I know you can buy different footpegs to sweep thing lower and further back but the footpegs on all the bikes are the same versys versys tourer or versys gt.its all the same bike the only difference is the addition of brackets to hold the side boxes.if you order the gt model the dealer simply gets a versys and adds all the parts in house to make it up to the gt

Offline davpag1

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 55
  • A Brit living abroad
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Cebu City
  • Country: ph
Re: Rear peg change on the GT
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 02:28:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by Martin8180 [+]
Wondered if anyone on here has changed the standard foot pegs on the GT model?
The fittings on the pannier frame seem to be different from the standard Versys 1000.
Can anyone help?
I'm looking for a larger foot rest as my passenger has problems with the tendons in her ankle.

I got these off eBay. The passenger feels more sure footed.

If you ever make a trip to the Philippines, get in touch. I may need a courier for some bike items...:)

 



Recent Topics