Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The Unspectacular Kymco 125  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Admin

• Forum Administrator
  • Versys Pro
  • City / Town: London
Re: The Unspectacular Kymco 125
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 05:10:41 PM »
For a few hundred pounds more you could pick up a new Honda CB125F.

Ok, not exactly exciting but it will probably last forever with very little maintenance. No brainer really.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 07:03:25 PM »
I think that most comments here are rather unfair. This bike when new would probably retail at less than £1500  quid in the UK, and would be aimed at folk who want a cheap get to work bike. It is NOT a tourer, or sports tourer, or a wheelie prone hooligan bike. It is simple get you to work tool, or local run about. And when new they were perfect for their intended use.

The clown that did this report has lots of history on You tube as a complete Kn--.  Here he tells that the owner looks after the bike ( because the chain is well lubed), he has also given the bike lots of treatments of WD40s, yet is still full of rust :027:. The owner is so conscientious that he crashed the bike, and admits to the front end being twisted  :124:, yet still rides it. And has also admitted to changing the front brake master cylinder, !!!! Was any research done with regard to it's suitability for his bike :question:.

So the tester then proceeds to tell us that the brakes are still crap, but goes charging off at full throttle at every opportunity so as to prove the point.

Mister Kn-- tells us that the bike is 3 years old, but doesn't tell us whether it has been regularly serviced, or indeed how MANY times is has been crashed.

Kymco are a well respected Taiwanese manufacturer, who give a 2 year warranty on their products, which meet all regulations to be sold in the UK. They are not crap. They are a basic form of Transport, with a budget price tag.

If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 07:51:44 PM »
Ooooh, touchy, touchy Geoff   :007:   :4:   

BTW  I still think its crap  :008:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 07:53:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Kymco are a well respected Taiwanese manufacturer, who give a 2 year warranty on their products, which meet all regulations to be sold in the UK. They are not crap. They are a basic form of Transport, with a budget price tag.

I'm guessing this is location dependant because they are not well respected by anyone I know.

who knows..maybe one day that will change , but looking at their current products, I doubt it.

Offline Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2018, 08:47:56 PM »
Kymco scooters and small bikes are well known, generally considered good and affordable products here. Far better than other most famous brands.
I've never heard a case of Kymco not responding a warranty claim, just speaking.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 08:53:46 PM by Vespista1960 »

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 10:25:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
I'm guessing this is location dependant because they are not well respected by anyone I know.

who knows..maybe one day that will change , but looking at their current products, I doubt it.
But do you know anyone who has owned one, and used it for its intended purpose  :question:

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2018, 10:36:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Ooooh, touchy, touchy Geoff   :007:   :4:   

BTW  I still think its crap  :008:   
I'm not touchy at all Rog.  Just don't like stuff being slagged off unjustly.  :182:

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2018, 10:43:49 PM »
I would assume their intended purpose is to ride no? if so, then yes, 2 people I know own Kymco bikes... and neither one of them is reliable .

maybe its the owners who knows, but im guessing when you sell a bike for less than 1/4 what everyone else does, you had to cut some corners somewhere.

both of these bikes look like cheap junk, nothing fits well, the finish downright sucks and they rattle like 50 year old wagons... ...then you have the electrical system...lights that flicker on bumps, and wires that look as fragile as doll hair. oh, they are both 2017 models with very little use...

but hey, maybe they are good over on your side of the world..who am I to say

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2018, 11:17:31 PM »
The scooters have a better rep than the MCs...
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2018, 07:57:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
I'm not touchy at all Rog.  Just don't like stuff being slagged off unjustly.  :182:

Calm down Geoff, you are getting hot under the collar for no reason   :182: 

The comments have been in connection with the bike featured within that specific film clip and not directed at the Kymco range, as Sonny's title clearly shows it is the 'Unspectacular Kymco 125'  that is the subject matter   :whistle:   See Sonny's post above  :002:     

Anyway, I thought you were the advocate of all things of Japanese manufacture, have you expanded your allegiance to Taiwanese products too  :008:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics

waggish