Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Just checking this is a good switched live...  (Read 494 times)

Offline markymark11

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Carbon Grey - 2016
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
Re: Just checking this is a good switched live...
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 10:27:23 PM »
Oldtimer, are you using the sumitomo connector under the left fairing which is designed for the Kawasaki heated grips ? if not you could use this for the sat nav. I did until I installed heated grips then I spliced into the 12v socket on the dash. It's shown on page 82 or 83 of the owners manual.  :002:

The Sumitomo connector you need if you don't want to splice is a     Sumitomo HM 090 2 Way Pin Connector Male     link below in case any of this is relevant. If not just ignore my whole post   :008: :008:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sumitomo-HM-090-2-Way-Pin-Connector-Male-Plug-Waterproof-O2-Honda/202239416726?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline oldtimer

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 - Versys GT
  • City / Town: Aberdeenshire
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 10:51:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by weljo2001 [+]
If you look at the photo below...Under the seat the wire harness is under that black plastic with the zip ties at the bottom of the photo. I tapped into the tail light wire...Brown with Yellow Tracers...There are 2 that color just pick one...for switched power and grounded it with the Black Wire with Yellow Tracers....

Ground***Black with yellow tracer
Right Signal***grey} color going into connector before light
Left Signal***green }  "  "  "
Tail & license plate***brown with yellow tracer  ""  "
Brake ***blue with red tracer  "   "

Thanks for that info. I think that's what I will do. It's switched, and it makes sense :)

*Originally Posted by markymark11 [+]
Oldtimer, are you using the sumitomo connector under the left fairing which is designed for the Kawasaki heated grips ? if not you could use this for the sat nav. I did until I installed heated grips then I spliced into the 12v socket on the dash. It's shown on page 82 or 83 of the owners manual.  :002:

Yeah, there are grips already installed, but as you say, there is also a 12v socket on the dash. I was expecting the socket to be wired to the connectors behind the headlight - as shown on page 83. But it's not. It's actually hard wired via a fused connector straight to the battery which I'm surprised at. Hmm. what's your thoughts on that?

Offline markymark11

• Versys Pro
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 07:52:24 AM »
Hmm that's interesting, I can't help on that one, Maybe someone with a 2017 GT model will know if they are different from the 2016 version. I thought the 2 bullet connectors behind the headlight for that left round blanked hole on the dash were the same on all models, design for a standard 12v to be connected. Maybe they have hard wired yours to allow you to use the bullet connectors for something else as per your current need which would be good for you. Interesting. :006:

Are the two bullet connectors available for your use ? or are they connected up already ?

Offline oldtimer

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 - Versys GT
  • City / Town: Aberdeenshire
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 08:54:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by markymark11 [+]

Are the two bullet connectors available for your use ? or are they connected up already ?

Cheers Mark. Not sure if they're available but I have to fit the fog lights so I'll check when I remove the fairing. Are they normally obvious once you get the nose off?

Offline markymark11

• Versys Pro
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 09:12:23 AM »
Pretty much they are directly under the round blanking plate - one male and one female connector - they may be pushed down behind other wires or of course the previous owner may have done something with them but under normal circumstances they are obvious.  :002:

Recent Topics

waggish