Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2 buck US for a power outlet on Ebay  (Read 553 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TNGW1500SE

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 193
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Oliver Springs, TN
  • Country: us
2 buck US for a power outlet on Ebay
« on: April 24, 2018, 07:28:05 PM »
I bought one of these and it works great. Two bucks! Only had to file the hole in the dash a shade bigger. Kawasaki wants 80 bucks!!!

BE SURE AND GET THE ROUND ONE!!!!!!



https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-24V-Marine-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Power-Charger-Adapter-Splitter-Socket-Plug/222625380034?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=521470179882&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

If the link goes bad search Ebay for "12V~24V Marine Car Cigarette Lighter Power Charger Adapter"
"The feeling of the wind in your face will lift your heart." Phil Collins / On My Way

Offline peter73

  • Ex Member
  • Versys Master
  • *
  • Posts: 677
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
  • Country: bg
Re: 2 buck US for a power outlet on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 03:14:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by TNGW1500SE [+]
... Only had to file the hole in the dash a shade bigger ...

I'm afraid you either used the wrong whole or you 2$ miracle is off-standard and you are stuck with it for life.

Online Crosshairs

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 928
  • Country: us
Re: 2 buck US for a power outlet on Ebay
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 04:06:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by TNGW1500SE [+]
I bought one of these and it works great. Two bucks! Only had to file the hole in the dash a shade bigger. Kawasaki wants 80 bucks!!!

BE SURE AND GET THE ROUND ONE!!!!!!



https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-24V-Marine-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Power-Charger-Adapter-Splitter-Socket-Plug/222625380034?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=521470179882&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

If the link goes bad search Ebay for "12V~24V Marine Car Cigarette Lighter Power Charger Adapter"

Nice find....

My USB one was a bit more at 8 bucks but I was able to fit it in with a nice hard push and some twisting........unfortunately it turned out to be not so weather proof so it only lasted 6 months.

I replaced it and so far so good with the new one....

Offline peter73

  • Ex Member
  • Versys Master
  • *
  • Posts: 677
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
  • Country: bg
Re: 2 buck US for a power outlet on Ebay
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 06:29:02 PM »
Just to make it clear - the left an the rights hole on the dashboard are not the same size.

Offline TNGW1500SE

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 193
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Oliver Springs, TN
  • Country: us
Re: 2 buck US for a power outlet on Ebay
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by peter73 [+]
Just to make it clear - the left an the rights hole on the dashboard are not the same size.

I stuck it in the left side. I had to remove less than 1/32 of an inch to get it to fit. I have a gear indicator in the right side.
"The feeling of the wind in your face will lift your heart." Phil Collins / On My Way

Offline TNGW1500SE

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 193
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Oliver Springs, TN
  • Country: us
Re: 2 buck US for a power outlet on Ebay
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 08:37:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by peter73 [+]
I'm afraid you either used the wrong whole or you 2$ miracle is off-standard and you are stuck with it for life.

I've used the wrong hole before but I don't think the 1000 cared as much as the last time. Both times it wasn't a lifelong commitment anyway. ')

NO IMAGES UPLOADED
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 08:40:52 PM by TNGW1500SE »
"The feeling of the wind in your face will lift your heart." Phil Collins / On My Way

Offline TNGW1500SE

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 193
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Oliver Springs, TN
  • Country: us
Re: 2 buck US for a power outlet on Ebay
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 08:40:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
Nice find....

My USB one was a bit more at 8 bucks but I was able to fit it in with a nice hard push and some twisting........unfortunately it turned out to be not so weather proof so it only lasted 6 months.

I replaced it and so far so good with the new one....

I bought a USB outlet and wired it under the seat where it's protected. Then I ran the cord up to connect to my phone. The only part that gets wet is the cord.
"The feeling of the wind in your face will lift your heart." Phil Collins / On My Way

Online Crosshairs

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 928
  • Country: us
Re: 2 buck US for a power outlet on Ebay
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 11:08:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by TNGW1500SE [+]
I bought a USB outlet and wired it under the seat where it's protected. Then I ran the cord up to connect to my phone. The only part that gets wet is the cord.
Thats a good idea..Ill try that if this one craps out on me...

Offline peter73

  • Ex Member
  • Versys Master
  • *
  • Posts: 677
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
  • Country: bg
Re: 2 buck US for a power outlet on Ebay
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 06:25:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by TNGW1500SE [+]
I've used the wrong hole before but I don't think the 1000 cared as much as the last time. Both times it wasn't a lifelong commitment anyway. ')

 :008:

 



Recent Topics