Author Topic: Airhawk seat pad  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Wrenchy

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Wrexham
Airhawk seat pad
on: May 05, 2018, 09:29:28 PM
I am thinking of getting an Airhawk seat pad and wondering which size to get for the 2015 V2? What do have on yours? Thanks in advance for any advice  :42:

Offline longdog

• Versys God
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Swansea
Re: Airhawk seat pad
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 09:57:02 PM
I think mine is cruiser medium, IIRC
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline Wrenchy

• Versys Member
Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 10:57:35 AM
Thanks Longdog. I have never tried one before and about tour again next month. I was looking for something that helps on the long rides but wasnít sure which one to go for.  :031:

Offline TallyRex

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 11:28:41 AM
I ordered a small and received a medium, wish I had gotten a small.  The key is not to use too much air, just a little bit works best.  Also, the rear strap it comes with is too short for the big V's seat, so I just tied it on.

Offline Wrenchy

• Versys Member
Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 11:41:27 AM
*Originally Posted by TallyRex [+]
I ordered a small and received a medium, wish I had gotten a small.  The key is not to use too much air, just a little bit works best.  Also, the rear strap it comes with is too short for the big V's seat, so I just tied it on.

Thanks for the advice. I have read that I shouldnít put too much air in there which I can understand but Iím confused about the sizing and guess it depends on personal preference and size of our butts lol.  I think I will need a larger one  :008:

Offline longdog

• Versys God
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Swansea
Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 01:37:10 PM
I have had mine since about 2006 and it has been on my R1150GS, my Bull Ulysses, Tiger 1050, 2x Pan Europeans and my Versys. Ironically, the Bull was, for me anyway, the only bike that hasnít needed the Airhawk.

The tip about only needing a small amount of air is spot on. Too much and your backside will be rolling around the sear, you need to put just enough in so that your backside just touches the seat below.

A side effect is that you will sit just a tad higher and your legs will not be bent so acutely, so benefits all round! Mine will be on my bike when I set off for Holland, Germany and Poland next Saturday.
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline Wrenchy

• Versys Member
Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 02:12:28 PM
*Originally Posted by longdog [+]
I have had mine since about 2006 and it has been on my R1150GS, my Bull Ulysses, Tiger 1050, 2x Pan Europeans and my Versys. Ironically, the Bull was, for me anyway, the only bike that hasnít needed the Airhawk.

The tip about only needing a small amount of air is spot on. Too much and your backside will be rolling around the sear, you need to put just enough in so that your backside just touches the seat below.

A side effect is that you will sit just a tad higher and your legs will not be bent so acutely, so benefits all round! Mine will be on my bike when I set off for Holland, Germany and Poland next Saturday.

I never thought about the additional height Longdog. You have a good point there as my feet are just comfortable touching the ground and I need watch out for the additional height. If it only has a small amount of air in it, I should hopefully be ok.

Online Rigsville

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Atherstone
Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 07:26:56 AM
Wrenchy - what size did you end up getting?

Offline SaultGuy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 LT SE 1000
  • City / Town: Sault Ste. Marie Ont
Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 04:57:56 PM
*Originally Posted by Wrenchy [+]
I am thinking of getting an Airhawk seat pad and wondering which size to get for the 2015 V2? What do have on yours? Thanks in advance for any advice  :42:

I used a medium air hawk with my old Versys.  I find on my new 2019 LT SE I don't require any longer.  Wish I'd seen your post earlier, I would have sent you mine.  Of course shipping it from Canada to England would probably cost more than its worth.  :008:

Online Rigsville

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Atherstone
Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 07:22:01 AM
So after speaking the customer support people at SportsBikeShop.co.uk and motohaus.com I bit the bullet and ordered an Airhawk DS from SportsBikeShop.co.uk and it's being delivered today.

I've got a 300-mile day planned for Saturday so fingers crossed it's going to help.

waggish