Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Warranty Renewal - worth doing?  (Read 2248 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Topbox

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 303
  • Country: england
Re: Warranty Renewal - worth doing?
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 05:33:52 PM »
If your a worrier then you need to take it out. Most of us are happy that the build quality is at its Japanese best.

PS I wouldn't have put Paul down as the extended warranty type, thats a surprise.

TB   :2:
Life, its not a rehersal.

Offline Crosshairs

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 832
  • Country: us
Re: Warranty Renewal - worth doing?
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 11:03:11 PM »
My bike has been trouble free for 26k miles so far , but I will be  out of warranty in October.

A 4 year KPP plan can be had  for $780 and that not too bad ..I travel quite often and being 2500 miles away from home when something goes wrong would not be a happy time...so the roadside assistance would be worth it for me......$200 a year for piece of mind is well worth it I would think.

if you do buy one, always shop around, here is an eBay seller who sells them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-4-year-extended-warranty-KPP-plan-STREET-MOTORCYCLES-901CC-AND-UP/152990690478?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D055ca6f7924f457ea74008b4bddc2ddc%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D152988498715%26itm%3D152990690478&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Online weljo2001

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1225
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
  • Country: us
Re: Warranty Renewal - worth doing?
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 11:30:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
My bike has been trouble free for 26k miles so far , but I will be  out of warranty in October.

A 4 year KPP plan can be had  for $780 and that not too bad ..I travel quite often and being 2500 miles away from home when something goes wrong would not be a happy time...so the roadside assistance would be worth it for me......$200 a year for piece of mind is well worth it I would think.

if you do buy one, always shop around, here is an eBay seller who sells them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-4-year-extended-warranty-KPP-plan-STREET-MOTORCYCLES-901CC-AND-UP/152990690478?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D055ca6f7924f457ea74008b4bddc2ddc%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D152988498715%26itm%3D152990690478&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851


The letter i got from MaMa Kaw's price was $792.00 for 4 years...
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Crosshairs

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 832
  • Country: us
Re: Warranty Renewal - worth doing?
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 11:39:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by weljo2001 [+]

The letter i got from MaMa Kaw's price was $792.00 for 4 years...

did they send it just before your factory warranty expired? im guessing I'll get the same letter in a few months...

Online weljo2001

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1225
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
  • Country: us
Re: Warranty Renewal - worth doing?
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 01:55:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
did they send it just before your factory warranty expired? im guessing I'll get the same letter in a few months...


I bought my bike 7/6/2016 i got the letter a couple of days ago. It shows my warranty will end on 8/9/2018
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Paul_Smith

  • Ex Member
  • Versys God
  • *
  • Posts: 1046
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
  • Country: ie
Re: Warranty Renewal - worth doing?
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 10:29:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Topbox [+]
If your a worrier then you need to take it out. Most of us are happy that the build quality is at its Japanese best.

PS I wouldn't have put Paul down as the extended warranty type, thats a surprise.

TB   :2:
My bike is eighteen months old so it is out of the base warranty. I get free extended warranty if the bike is dealer serviced, so I can pay someone else to change my oil, filter and plugs and I get free replacement grab rails, or I can do my own service and pay for the grab rails myself (or ignore them). I was trying (and failing) to point out that not every problem shows up in the first year.

You have a choice, you can spend $200 a year on piece of mind and get anything you successfully claim for free, or you can pay for what you need when you need it.

Offline Crosshairs

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 832
  • Country: us
Re: Warranty Renewal - worth doing?
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 11:08:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul_Smith [+]
My bike is eighteen months old so it is out of the base warranty. I get free extended warranty if the bike is dealer serviced, so I can pay someone else to change my oil, filter and plugs and I get free replacement grab rails, or I can do my own service and pay for the grab rails myself (or ignore them). I was trying (and failing) to point out that not every problem shows up in the first year.

You have a choice, you can spend $200 a year on piece of mind and get anything you successfully claim for free, or you can pay for what you need when you need it.

I got a 2 year warranty on my bike......I guess you got 1?

Offline peter73

  • Ex Member
  • Versys Master
  • *
  • Posts: 677
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
  • Country: bg
Re: Warranty Renewal - worth doing?
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 11:57:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
I got a 2 year warranty on my bike......I guess you got 1?

And so do I. I haven't read the terms, though - maybe the coverage is limited in the second year.

Online Vespista1960

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 523
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
  • Country: it
Re: Warranty Renewal - worth doing?
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 02:20:04 PM »
In Europe, 2 years. We have already discussed this: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,17854.msg205612.html#msg205612
Paul's grips are undoubtedly still covered by legal warranty (unless the dealer demonstrates that oxidation is due to improper use).

Offline Crosshairs

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 832
  • Country: us
Re: Warranty Renewal - worth doing?
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 04:46:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vespista1960 [+]
In Europe, 2 years. We have already discussed this: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,17854.msg205612.html#msg205612
Paul's grips are undoubtedly still covered by legal warranty (unless the dealer demonstrates that oxidation is due to improper use).

Then I guess that begs the question why is Paul's bike out of warranty after 18 months

 



Recent Topics


waggish