Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Screens and wind noise  (Read 760 times)

Offline WellFox

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: UK
Re: Screens and wind noise
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 04:20:36 PM »

It's driving me crazy too, so I've started to wear ear plugs.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 04:41:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by WellFox [+]
It's driving me crazy too, so I've started to wear ear plugs.

I would always advise the use of ear plugs....tinnitus is an uncomfortable condition
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 05:17:53 PM »
I started wearing earplugs when I raced in the isle of man in the early 90's. Wished I'd used them much sooner.

Offline Keener

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 06:22:00 PM »
The V1 is for me the first real sport touring type motorcycle , other bikes I have toured with were screen less or have a small fairing with an small windscreen more for keeping wind off your body /torso than anything else ...your head being in clean air so little buffeting .
I like many others found the stock V1 wind screen to cause buffeting which IMO was worst than no screen at all .
I went with the Puig and found ..set at the right height ...just so I can see over it comfortably  I can ride visor up with very little buffeting , for me a revelation :757: totally comfortable and when its raining..bliss..i never need to adjust it further it stays in that position full time , it also is about the same at most all cruising speeds  100 kph to 140 kph .ear plugs always on any bike
The lower fairing is super the way my legs can tuck in to the bike and even stay mostly dry at speed is something that I have never had before as well .the handguards add to this and should be standard on any touring bike .
I do notice side winds pushing at the screen , but as roads turn and twist so does the wind direction and that is what it is .
no complaints here  :763: Kawasaki,  Puig , ear plugs and a quiet Schuberth c3 .
I Tour happy and comfy
Keener

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:45:53 PM by Keener »

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 08:41:40 PM »
 :762:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Bully

• Versys Member
  • Bike: versys 1000 gt
  • City / Town: Salisbury uk
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 09:52:35 PM »
I have been experimenting again ,and the Skidmarx taller screen on  highest setting is okay with visor up at speeds up to 80 mph ,set at half height its just a tad buffety ,the standard screen is really pants and buffets all the time whatever height its set, no screen as mentioned here ,no buffeting .

Offline Muzz

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 05:44:07 PM »
I have a 2013, and it had the smaller MRA screen which was buffety, so I replaced it with the Puig Touring screen - much bigger but still buffety, albeit in an odd manner; almost vision-blurring, and quite unpleasant.

In a 'long shot' kind of way, I tried my other helmet, which is a peaked motocross-style one and hey presto, verrry smooth and virtually no buffeting, even up at license-risky speeds. I'm 6ft, and I have the screen on its lowest setting. Clearly, for me at least, the helmet peak makes a huge difference.

Just an idea which might be worth considering...

Offline PhillH

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 GT
  • City / Town: Chester
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 08:24:49 PM »
Iíve had many different bikes and I must admit the wind noise from the V1 is ruining my ride despite wearing earplugs. Itís just unpleasant. Ive fitted a puig that is an improvement but Iíve never known a bike like it for noise.

Recent Topics