Author Topic: New member from California  (Read 449 times)

Offline fraziarwp

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: FJR1300
  • City / Town: Bakersfield, CA
New member from California
on: May 21, 2018, 02:15:57 AM
Hi to all. I own a FJR1300. Looking to replace it. Due to my age, I am seriously thinking of downsizing a bit. Versys 1000 looks very interesting. Wondering of anyone else has transitioned form a super sport touring bike to a V1K?

Offline Rockdoc

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 V1k GT
  • City / Town: Derby
Re: New member from California
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 04:53:21 AM
Welcome to the forum. I went the other way from what youíre thinking about - from a BMW K1200LT. That was a heavy beast and, at 66, I began to wonder how much longer Iíd enjoy lugging it about. I find the Versys light - around 300lb over the LT - and it handles well. Couple that to an engine thatís both willing and tractable and itís a great bike for two-up touring. Itís economical, too. On our most recent trip I got fantastic mpg.

The forum is a very friendly place so ask away but, as you browse, youíll find the advice always given to people contemplating a V1k is to get a test ride - and remember to take your wallet because the chances are youíll want one.

Keith
2018 Candy Fire Red/Metallic Flat Spark Black GT.
Where do they get the names for these colours?

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: New member from California
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 06:06:29 AM
Welcome along to this excellent forum where you will find plenty help and great advice from the friendly members.

I have owned Kawasaki GTR 1400s before this Versys and I can totally recommend the Versys 1000 as it will meet all your expectations

As Keith says take your wallet along with you when you take a test ride as you are going to need it  :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

waggish