Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Puig windscreen deflector  (Read 632 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline PhillH

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 55
  • Bike: 2018 GT
  • City / Town: Chester
  • Country: gb
Puig windscreen deflector
« on: May 24, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
I currently have a puig screen but still get a lot of buffeting / wind noise. Has anyone used the Puig windscreen deflector that attaches to the screen?

Offline DeuceBG

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 136
  • Reality is a Matter of Perception...
  • Bike: 2015 versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: Grantham
  • Country: gb
Re: Puig windscreen deflector
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 05:26:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by PhillH [+]
I currently have a puig screen but still get a lot of buffeting / wind noise. Has anyone used the Puig windscreen deflector that attaches to the screen?
I have and it didn't alter the way the Screen performed one bit for me.
I found the whole Set-up too big anyway and went back to my MRA....

Offline PhillH

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 55
  • Bike: 2018 GT
  • City / Town: Chester
  • Country: gb
Re: Puig windscreen deflector
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 08:18:19 PM »
Cheers bud.

Online Paul_Smith

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 999
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
  • Country: ie
Re: Puig windscreen deflector
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 03:50:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by PhillH [+]
I currently have a puig screen but still get a lot of buffeting / wind noise. Has anyone used the Puig windscreen deflector that attaches to the screen?
I have it and have no buffeting.
Wind noise is a different issue.

Offline PhillH

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 55
  • Bike: 2018 GT
  • City / Town: Chester
  • Country: gb
Re: Puig windscreen deflector
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 04:45:57 PM »
Hi Paul - its the wind noise that's annoying me.

Offline DeuceBG

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 136
  • Reality is a Matter of Perception...
  • Bike: 2015 versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: Grantham
  • Country: gb
Re: Puig windscreen deflector
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 05:00:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by PhillH [+]
Hi Paul - its the wind noise that's annoying me.

Over the years I had several Screened Bikes and tried many Screens but I've yet to discover any Combination that completely eliminated Wind Noise.
I wear Ear Plugs these days so it doesn't really bother me.
It's the Buffeting that I could never live with, it's dangerous because it eventually breaks your Concentration.

Offline Keener

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 399
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • Country: ca
Re: Puig windscreen deflector
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 03:21:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by DeuceBG [+]
Over the years I had several Screened Bikes and tried many Screens but I've yet to discover any Combination that completely eliminated Wind Noise.
I wear Ear Plugs these days so it doesn't really bother me.
It's the Buffeting that I could never live with, it's dangerous because it eventually breaks your Concentration.




 :028:      Ear plugs ….disposable  …. and installed correctly in the ear makes a huge difference

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/mining/content/earplug.html   

or



« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 03:28:54 PM by Keener »

Offline Loose Goose

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 13
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Kent
  • Country: gb
Re: Puig windscreen deflector
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 09:13:15 PM »
I have the clip on Puig and it made a difference once I set it up right, worked best for me folded down and closest to the screen. Also the biggest tip is get the clear one or you’ll end up with a double tint in your eyeline if you have the smoke or dark tinted screen.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 09:16:34 PM by Loose Goose »

Online Paul_Smith

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 999
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
  • Country: ie
Re: Puig windscreen deflector
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 10:57:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by PhillH [+]
Hi Paul - its the wind noise that's annoying me.
Your helmet will make a much bigger difference to wind noise then your screen. For example, I have a Shoei Qwest which is described as one of the quietest and one of the nosiest helmets on the market depending on who you talk to. I had bought the noisy one and was forced into wearing ear-plugs all the time. When I finally got tired of it, my dealer talked me into trying another Qwest that was a size smaller. He was right, it was much, much quieter, to the point that ear-plugs were optional again.

Offline DeuceBG

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 136
  • Reality is a Matter of Perception...
  • Bike: 2015 versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: Grantham
  • Country: gb
Re: Puig windscreen deflector
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 11:15:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul_Smith [+]
Your helmet will make a much bigger difference to wind noise then your screen. For example, I have a Shoei Qwest which is described as one of the quietest and one of the nosiest helmets on the market depending on who you talk to. I had bought the noisy one and was forced into wearing ear-plugs all the time. When I finally got tired of it, my dealer talked me into trying another Qwest that was a size smaller. He was right, it was much, much quieter, to the point that ear-plugs were optional again.

True Story!!

I find that the Race Style Helmets with the Aerofoil on the rear cause Buffeting and more Wind Noise.
My HJC is more "Rounded" and causes me no problems at all....

 



Recent Topics