Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Kawafour

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Jacksonville Florida
I have been told Sargent has designed their Versys 1000 seat and is waiting for the molds to come in. It will be what they call a "Premium Foam Conversion" where you send in your old seat and they replace the foam and cover with a new one on the OEM pan. They designed the seat to be level without the stock slope issue and made it a little wider.  They have a sign-up where you will be notified of its release and possible discount.
http://www.sargentcycle.com/News/Pre-Registration-Program/

Online SouthernCruizer

• Versys Pro
  • Is it Beer:30 yet?
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Eunice, LA
Re: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 03:21:45 PM »
thanks for the heads up!  :762:
Jay«
2016 Versys 1000
2016 Versys 650
2004 Suzuki Wee Strom

Offline Arkmozark

• Versys Member
  • Lost in the Ozarks....again.
  • Bike: 16 V1K
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 03:27:24 PM »
Thanks K4! The Sargent seat was a great upgrade on the KLR. Pre-registered done!

Offline Kawafour

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Jacksonville Florida
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 09:02:22 PM »
I noticed Sargent has added a photo and details about their seat.

http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Kaw-Versys1000-In-Development/

Offline tricky67

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: Milton, Ontario
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 03:07:19 PM »
Has anyone opted for this new Sargent conversion yet? It has been out for a while. Getting anxious to try something and I am too short for a Corbin. See too many Seat Concepts being resold, so that doesn't seem to be the answer. Hoping to hear good reviews of the Sargent.

Online Crosshairs

• Versys God
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 03:23:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by tricky67 [+]
See too many Seat Concepts being resold, so that doesn't seem to be the answer. Hoping to hear good reviews of the Sargent.

Sargent makes fine seats but seats are such a personal thing you cant really go by what others are using....I have a Seat Concepts and do 500 mile days regularly without any issues.

dont pass on one just because someone else didn't like it...perhaps they just have a very fragile bum... :mfr_lol:

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 04:02:09 PM »
Sargent's website appears to be down. Revzilla and Cycle gear do not yet show a V1K seat.  :027:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline tricky67

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 04:13:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
Sargent makes fine seats but seats are such a personal thing you cant really go by what others are using....I have a Seat Concepts and do 500 mile days regularly without any issues.

dont pass on one just because someone else didn't like it...perhaps they just have a very fragile bum... :mfr_lol:
I agree with the personal preference comment when it comes to seats (and windshields), but I know I fall into the fragile bum (actually prostate) category.
I am encouraged by your 500 mile days. Some owners don't mind the stock seat, but for me the pain sets in after a half hour. I cut the slope out of the stock foam and the seat became a 1.5 hour seat. Most of my riding is 6-8 hour touring days, hence the need for a more comfortable seat. What benefits do you find with the Seat Concepts seat over stock?

Offline tricky67

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 04:17:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Sargent's website appears to be down. Revzilla and Cycle gear do not yet show a V1K seat.  :027:
The Sargent seat is an installed foam and cover exchange only at this point. Your stock seat has to be sent to Sargent for the conversion.

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 04:35:01 PM »
Yes, that's my understanding. Which, you know, that is so far a deal killer for me. Firstly, a lot of makers have a long delivery time so you're off the bike for an extended period. You're out shipping cost. If you don't like the work, you have lost the option to put your OEM back on. Then, with too many makers, you are not discounted much if anything for going through all that hassle.

It costs money to mold and cast a seat pan, but with today's production methods it can't be an extreme amount. I'd rather just order a custom seat and when it comes, put it on and ride.  :007:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Recent Topics