Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.  (Read 3009 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline tricky67

  • Versys Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Milton, Ontario
  • Country: ca
Re: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 05:07:40 PM »
I agree with you, Sonny. My preference would be to buy a whole seat assembly, but as far as I know only Corbin offers that. I had a try on the Corbin and it was ergonomically totally wrong for my short body.
My tender bits can't wait much longer for new options, like maybe Saddleman. to become available.

Offline Crosshairs

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1093
  • Country: us
Re: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by tricky67 [+]
I agree with the personal preference comment when it comes to seats (and windshields), but I know I fall into the fragile bum (actually prostate) category.
I am encouraged by your 500 mile days. Some owners don't mind the stock seat, but for me the pain sets in after a half hour. I cut the slope out of the stock foam and the seat became a 1.5 hour seat. Most of my riding is 6-8 hour touring days, hence the need for a more comfortable seat. What benefits do you find with the Seat Concepts seat over stock?

The Seat Concepts seat moved me back a bit which I did not like at first but after I got the seat broken in, I was able to stay closer to the tank without being uncomfortable or sliding forward while braking . The slope is such that it "locks" me into place and supports me without too much movement.

its probably the same height as the stock seat but its a tad wider and  much more stable and firm so your supported  more which leads to being able to ride further without muscle fatigue cramping up your backside...

Offline BikerMan

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 591
  • Bike: 2018 V1K GT SE
  • City / Town: SE London
  • Country: england
Re: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 10:48:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Yes, that's my understanding. Which, you know, that is so far a deal killer for me. Firstly, a lot of makers have a long delivery time so you're off the bike for an extended period. You're out shipping cost. If you don't like the work, you have lost the option to put your OEM back on. Then, with too many makers, you are not discounted much if anything for going through all that hassle.
It costs money to mold and cast a seat pan, but with today's production methods it can't be an extreme amount. I'd rather just order a custom seat and when it comes, put it on and ride.  :007:

 :762: Sonny.
I couldn't agree more  :028:

Offline tricky67

  • Versys Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Milton, Ontario
  • Country: ca
Re: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2018, 03:11:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
The Seat Concepts seat moved me back a bit which I did not like at first but after I got the seat broken in, I was able to stay closer to the tank without being uncomfortable or sliding forward while braking . The slope is such that it "locks" me into place and supports me without too much movement.

its probably the same height as the stock seat but its a tad wider and  much more stable and firm so your supported  more which leads to being able to ride further without muscle fatigue cramping up your backside...
Thanks for the review Crosshairs. The choice is a personal one, but I can glean important information from your comments that help me with what basically boils down to an educated guess. You have helped with that process. :763:

Offline SouthernCruizer

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 78
  • Is it Beer:30 yet?
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Eunice, LA
  • Country: us
Re: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 12:07:29 AM »
Just a heads up...I sent off my OEM seat today to Sargent for them to build me a seat...$325 for the seat, $70 shipping from Louisiana to Florida, and hoping for a (1) week turn around time. Shipping was way more than I anticipated. Hope the seat is up to their usual high standards and works for me.
Jay«
2016 Versys 1000
2016 Versys 650
2004 Suzuki Wee Strom

Offline SouthernCruizer

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 78
  • Is it Beer:30 yet?
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Eunice, LA
  • Country: us
Re: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 12:10:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Yes, that's my understanding. Which, you know, that is so far a deal killer for me. Firstly, a lot of makers have a long delivery time so you're off the bike for an extended period. You're out shipping cost. If you don't like the work, you have lost the option to put your OEM back on. Then, with too many makers, you are not discounted much if anything for going through all that hassle.

It costs money to mold and cast a seat pan, but with today's production methods it can't be an extreme amount. I'd rather just order a custom seat and when it comes, put it on and ride.  :007:
***************************
Part of that is incorrect. I was informed that my original foam and cover would be returned with the new seat. Therefore, I could go back to OEM if need be. The stock seat sucked for me, so that is not an option now or ever.
Jay«
2016 Versys 1000
2016 Versys 650
2004 Suzuki Wee Strom

Offline weljo2001

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1527
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
  • Country: us
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline JackImpact

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 39
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • Country: us
Re: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 01:20:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by weljo2001 [+]

I feel like you got this flat seat, so your woman is pressed up as much against you as possible.

Offline weljo2001

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1527
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
  • Country: us
Re: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 02:11:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by JackImpact [+]
I feel like you got this flat seat, so your woman is pressed up as much against you as possible.


Last time she rode with me was July,5 2016 when i test rode a Green Versys 1000. Had them get me a Titatinum one from one of the nearby dealerships and bought it the next day. When i sent off for the flat seat i asked her if she wanted to ride anymore and she said no. She's seen to many motorcycle accidents recently so she's done. Thats why i traded off the Seat Concepts seat for $100.00 and a stock seat. The S/C was going to be for 2-up riding...
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Arizonapackrat

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 22
  • Bike: 2016 versy
  • City / Town: Tucson
  • Country: us
Re: Sargent Seat has been designed and will be out in the near future.
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 04:03:09 PM »
Just curious, has anyone ever seen the rear seat cut away and the luggage moved forward to use as a driver backrest? Ya think the original pan could be re-worked and reinforced to accept the mounts?
1967 150cc Honda Dream (a nightmare to look at).                        1972 450cc Honda Scrambler Moved to AZ on that one.                1976 650 cc Triumph Tiger, crashed.                                        1980ish Honda Silver Wing.                                                     1984 Harley Shovelhead HD means hundreds of dollars.            2016 Kawasaki 1000 cc Versy

 



Recent Topics


waggish