Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Member - From outside Toronto Canada  (Read 406 times)

Offline Face

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Scugog
New Member - From outside Toronto Canada
« on: June 13, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »
I'm currently in the process of semi-retiring and moving out of the City, so in preparation for retirement, we were looking for a fun 2-up, 3-bag tourer.  We've toured on rental bikes in Europe (R1200RT, Tiger Explorer, R1200GS) but after sitting on numerous bikes, my wife declared the Versys to have the most comfi passenger seat and riding position.  My current street ride (which I'm also keeping) is a 2011 Ninja 1000, so I have a pretty good idea what to expect from the motor.    I managed to score a nice deal on a 2017 Versys 1000 demo, so here I am, the proud owner of a new(ish) Versys. With our first 2-up ride on the Versys, I was impressed with how nimble and smooth it was, but I will still need to do some work to properly set up the suspension.  I've added a Shad expandable top box, but am still looking for the time to get it fully set up.

My other rides are a 2008 WR250X, which can be set up for either dirt or supermoto, but I mostly use it for dirt these days.  After several years of track courses and rentals, I bit the bullet and picked up a 2008 GSXR750 track bike.  I'll be doing my first track days on my own bike this weekend at Calabogie.

I'm looking forward to meeting and sharing with other Versys owners on this forum.
When in doubt ... Accelerate! ;-)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: New Member - From outside Toronto Canada
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
A very warm welcome from Northern Ireland  face.

The Versys 1000 will prove to be a wise choice for your touring requirements,  the big plus is, as you have already mentioned,  its comfortable pillion and rider seat, so your pillion will be happy

There is a wealth of experience on this friendly forum, so if you have any questions then please ask

As your strap line says "when in doubt - accelerate "  and the Big V will achieve that requirement easily  :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Rockdoc

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 V1k GT
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:11:42 PM »
Welcome from the English Midlands.

Keith
2018 Candy Fire Red/Metallic Flat Spark Black GT.
Where do they get the names for these colours?

Offline Keener

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 03:37:29 AM »
 :185:....great people , excellent motorcycle.

Offline calderonroberto

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: '17 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 06:33:28 AM »
 :185: , from the Canadian West Coast. You have many comfortable rides for you and your passenger ahead of you. I find it hard now to go on solo rides, because my pillion always tags along due to the bike being "sooooo comfy" for her :008: :P

In all seriousness, though, great bike. Welcome!

Offline stuf

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Wrexham
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 08:19:25 AM »
Hi,
Welcome form North Wales.
Enjoy the bike.
 :031:
Stu

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 08:19:35 AM »
Welcome, Face. Enjoy the bike and forum.  :031:

The Versys engine is a different animal from the Ninja 1K as I'm sure you've noticed, what with being decompressed a bit and tuned more for low and mid. Considering its purpose, the Versys version is a legendary quality power plant. It will be interesting to hear your comments over time. Happy riding to you.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys Master
  • Knows bugger all
  • Bike: V1K Mk1-GL1800 '13
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 08:25:22 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You will not regret buying a V1000.

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 09:13:45 AM »
 :185: to the forum Face.   You should find the big V engine a far nicer lump than it's Ninja thou brother. Where the Ninja is tuned for more top end the Versys is just such a lovely motor at lower and mid range revs.

I hope that yourself and your good lady enjoy every minute aboard your new bike.

Cheers  :031:  Geoff.   :2:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline Face

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: Scugog
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 10:01:40 PM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Unfortunately most of July will be taken up with a move to our new place, so I don't expect to be getting many long rides in on the Big V until into the latter part of the summer.  The good news is that my wife enjoys a spirited pace and knows how to ride pillion.  I'm expecting some great touring in our future.

Looking forward to further chats.  I may have some questions as I get into mods, but I'll search existing threads first.
When in doubt ... Accelerate! ;-)

Recent Topics