Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Larger Liner Bags for OEM Panniers  (Read 1468 times)

Online Floydsz1

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
Re: Larger Liner Bags for OEM Panniers
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 11:44:54 AM »
I've just spoken to them, £49.95 plus postage so I'll order some when I get back. Hopefully they'll be what im looking for. Should be landing in about half hour, so it's Brittany coast tonight then working our way down to millau and the bridge at the end of the week , then Andorra. Got my video camera on the bike so lots of film etc hopefully

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »
I used the OE panniers and bags on my first trip away and found them OK once you've figured out the packing arrangements.
I ended up with "civvies" ie non riding clothes in one and riding gear in the other. The space unfilled by the inner bags was used for things that could be left on the bike overnight such as waterproofs, locks, spares etc. It made life a bit easier just carrying the clothes up to the room rather than everything.
I was traveling solo, so two up would be a different matter of course. The two inner bags took all my clothes for a two week trip, but I often see many bikes loaded up to the hilt for just a few days, there is no need imho.

Offline PhillH

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 GT
  • City / Town: Chester
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 03:15:43 PM »
These bags are no bigger than the Kawasaski ones. The om bags expand to completely fill the panniers.

Online markymark11

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Carbon Grey - 2016
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »
The OEM bags expand to 18cm approx wide at the bottom, the inner part of the pannier is 17cm approx wide and then the lid is a further 11cm wide. The OEM bags leave nearly 10cm of extra space (approx 1/3 of the available space). I don't know the measurements of the new bags yet until they arrive tomorrow but he has told me they are bigger than standard and take account of the extra space.  :002:

you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline mikep

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Satsuma 2015
  • City / Town: Lafayette, LA
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 05:32:58 PM »
I guess it's all in your personal preference. 
I like the design of the Kawasaki bag liners.  They are cut just a little small.  In my estimation only 10% smaller than the case.   But, that allows me to over stuff them, like I have a tendency to do and still easily close the side case.  Even over stuffed, there is still a little space to put that extra layer or jacket liner when you need a place to stow it. 

That being said, I do sometimes wish for more storage space.  To solve that requres a bit more moo-la and some bigger aftermarket boxes.   Not yet.

Offline hobzinho

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1k '16
  • City / Town: N. CA
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 07:31:08 AM »
I've found that those canvas or cotton grocery bags fit perfectly and are big/expandable enough to take advantage of all the space in the closed pannier.  They pop in and out, have handles for carrying, and best of all cost about $5. 

Online markymark11

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Carbon Grey - 2016
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 09:42:15 AM »
So they arrived today ! -  Honest review....they are definitely bigger than the OEM ones as can be seen by the photo's - you cannot get a full face helmet in the OEM ones but you can with ease in the new ones. They fill the whole pannier now exactly as I wanted and are approx 10cm deeper which was as promised. The new ones also have an external pocket which is nice and the reflective band is very reflective !!  :008: They are a sturdy construction and the zips seem nice and strong - I have been zipping and unzipping and mucking about with them and they are holding together well. They come with a shoulder strap like the OEM ones do and the little rubber feet as well.

They are not as plush and well made as the OEM ones, they do not have a net inside like the OEM ones do and are not to the same quality and "feel" as the OEM ones, which are kind of padded.

So on balance I would say that as these are bigger, strong enough, have the extra external pocket, and are approx £25 a pair cheaper than OEM, then in my opinion they are well worth the money.

The link to the ebay site is in the first post and I will now contact them again and send them the photo's I promised, so that they can update the picture in their listing.

I am very happy with them and I hope this helps anyone who feels the OEM liners need to be deeper as I did.  :002:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:26:23 AM by markymark11 »
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 06:50:10 PM »
Thanks Mark     :762:       :759:     
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online Floydsz1

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 07:26:10 PM »
 Thanks mark, I'll get some when I get home.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 09:29:09 PM »
Just noticed your rather spectacular nail varnish Mark   :5:      :008:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics

waggish