Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First week review  (Read 1915 times)

Offline weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
Re: First week review
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 01:09:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by SMacIsaac [+]
Thanks to all on other threads for the great/prompt (and polite) responses!
I'm just about ready to buy the Motor Work risers, but would like some guidance on whether on a 2017 (all stock) this will require fiddling with the brake line or cables.  Sure others have had experience with this.  I'm 5'9", 30 inch inseam, and after 400 miles city/eway riding (not a lot of miles, so maybe I should wait) I feel it would be good to have the bars up a bit.  Mechanic cautioned against the MW bar back risers, saying he wasn't sure they'd not contact the tank.  The bars will "come back" some by virtue of riser and the angle of the handlebar bottom saddle on the top triple tree, or at least I think it will effect a slight rearward positioning. 
All replies (whether based on personal experience, hearsay, or experienced opinion) are welcome, and no hurry at all.
I do love the bike!   I'm not accustomed to the stratospheric rev range compared to my other bikes, but my son who rides a 600Ninja6ZR said "Dad, you ought to run it between 6 and 10, it's a lot more fun." 
I'm having plenty of fun and plan on keeping the front wheel on the ground; he said: "Dad, I was real careful, not going to wad your bike, but that front end comes up quite nicely in first and second gear..."
Ah, youth.  When I had the strength and reflexes, the bikes wouldn't go much over a hundred, and getting the front wheel up was an exercise in clutch abuse and, in my view (at the time, and certainly now) foolishness.

The MotoWerk Risers have no issue with your cables...

P1010505 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010504 by weljo2001, on Flickr

For a Comfy Seat...I went with a Terry Adcock Flat Seat....

P1020348 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Terry's Custom Seat's Flat Seat For Versys 1000 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Terry's Custom Seat's Flat Seat For Versys 1000 by weljo2001, on Flickr
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline SMacIsaac

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 1000LT; Wing; BMW
  • City / Town: Florida
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 03:08:37 AM »
Thanks so much for the light-speed reply, and the pix (as always, 'worth a thousand words...')! 

Offline Lucky7

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Spring
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 04:14:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by SuburbanCowboy [+]
To fix you seat problem, go with a corbin.  It doubled my ride time before numb bum.

I also have frequently experienced numb bum.  This is on my list to replace before my next multi day ride.  Unfortunately this will be a long time from now.

Replaced my wife's already with a Sargent seat with really good results.

Recent Topics