Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: KQR Top Box availability  (Read 2822 times)

Offline olie

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Austin, TX
Re: KQR Top Box availability
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 09:28:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by weljo2001 [+]

It the specific monokey rack for the Versys 1000. Super simple install.......https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-sra4105-aluminum-top-case-rack-kawasaki-versys-1000-2012-2017

That's what I have... works great.

Offline Groanup

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2017 V1K
  • City / Town: Pasadena CA USA
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 09:38:05 PM »
 :763:
Don R.

Black... Why'd it have to be black..?

Offline weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 01:30:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by olie [+]
That's what I have... works great.

If you ever rip off one of the bumpers like i did. You can get them here just wait till you order enough stuff to get free shipping. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-z126-rubber-bumper-set-for-monokey-and-monolock-top-plates    .While i was waiting for my order i just got some liquid gorilla glue and glued the bumper to the plate. Has worked great for over a year now. But i'll keep the spares for just in case....

Givi Rack by weljo2001, on Flickr
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 01:31:35 AM by weljo2001 »
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Groanup

• Versys Member
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 11:26:32 PM »
UpDate:
So, after waiting for 2 months, my top case was delivered. What I received was a black plastic shell...
No lock cylinder. No mounting base. No backrest pad. No color panel or trim set...  :187:
I called the parts guy I ordered it from. "He's off today". Talked to a different parts guy. "Oh, you need to order those parts separately."  :211: :125:
So I told him how "disappointed" I am.
Anyway, I have all those parts now. I just have to put it together... Got the discount still, but it's costing me a couple hundred dollars more than I was quoted at the beginning of this, and I had to wait two months.
My take-away is:
If you know more about the part you're ordering than the parts guy you are talking to, walk away...

But yeah, the KRQ Top Box is available at this time...

Don R.

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys God
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 12:26:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by Groanup [+]
UpDate:
So, after waiting for 2 months, my top case was delivered. What I received was a black plastic shell...
No lock cylinder. No mounting base. No backrest pad. No color panel or trim set...  :187:
I called the parts guy I ordered it from. "He's off today". Talked to a different parts guy. "Oh, you need to order those parts separately."  :211: :125:
So I told him how "disappointed" I am.
Anyway, I have all those parts now. I just have to put it together... Got the discount still, but it's costing me a couple hundred dollars more than I was quoted at the beginning of this, and I had to wait two months.

I hate to say I told you so but...... :008:

*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
I have one on my bike and if I had it to do again, I would buy aftermarket...I went Kawasaki only because I got a screamming deal on it...in any event, it does not come with the back rest,, nor does it come with the color panels or the mounting plate thats needed... ..all these are separate...when all is  said and done, you could easily spend 500 or more on everything ...but it is a nice piece of hardware....

Offline Groanup

• Versys Member
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2018, 03:24:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
I hate to say I told you so but...... :008:
Yes you did.  :138:
It's a shame the parts guy at the dealership didn't...
Don R.

Offline Bob

• Versys Pro
  • Acts 4:12
  • Bike: 2016 V1K
  • City / Town: Palmdale
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2018, 07:59:57 AM »
& that’s why I went with Givi branded one & Phil’s Farkles luggage rack (that replaced the OEM plastic one) with the SW Motech hardware. Got the rack in 3 days. Got the top case & backrest in a week. Done.

On a side note, I’ve added red LED strips under the lenses of the bottom half of the case & the lenses of the top half of the case as additional run/brake lights. Since I also have a GearBrake module installed, when I engine brake or brake, all the lights flash for about 2 seconds before going solid on. “Can you see me now?”
Bob
----------
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. (Romans 12:17)

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys God
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2018, 03:08:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Groanup [+]
Yes you did.  :138:
It's a shame the parts guy at the dealership didn't...

Oh I agree...it never ceases to amaze me how many people lack the skill to do that job they are paid to do...its frustrating to say the least

Recent Topics