Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Grips position  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
Re: Grips position
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 11:47:49 PM »
How about some adjustable risers, they could be angled back and set to rise just enough to miss the tank, like these. There are many on the market of varying prices.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorbike-Motorcycle-Handle-Bar-Fat-Bars-Mount-Clamp-Riser-Kit-7-81-8-22MM/263704206107?hash=item3d65fedb1b%3Ag%3AD20AAOSwo8pbMy5c&_sacat=0&_nkw=+fat+bar+risers&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

Offline Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 03:27:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Claude, you could fit risers with a flatter bar and achieve what you are after I suppose. That will run into some money though.

If you are thinking to do that, though, you ort to try the Motowerk risers first and see how you like it coming up a little and back a little. A number of us have done it and nobody has had any regrets.  :031:

Thatís an option for sure. I think Iíll begin with Rox adjustable risers and see where this will lead me to. I prefer to not replace the handlebar if itís possible. Thanks for your comments guys!

Offline weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by tricky67 [+]

You might be interested in this....The link is listed for the bars is listed in the video description if you watch it on YouTube.....
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline tricky67

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Milton, Ontario
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 06:11:10 PM »
Risers and bars have been debated at length elsewhere on the forum.
I picked up my green '16 at the end of last year and only spent about 3 hours on the bike before winter set in. I identified overall gearing, bar reach, sloping seat and windshield turbulence as issues to tackle this year. I have changed to a 16 tooth C/S sprocket, cut the slope out of my seat foam, added a Puig w/screen spoiler (extension) and just last week installed the 1 inch bar riser from Moto Werk, https://motowerk.com/collections/kawasaki-versys-1000/products/handlebar-risers-v1000lt.
For my short, 5'8" body, this was the best way to reduce the reach to the bars. As has already been described the the stock bar mounts are inclined rearward, so Speedy's riser moves the bar up and back, and then the stock bar can be rotated rearward without contacting the tank. Cables and wiring are just long enough to complete this installation without any re-routing. The result was just what I was looking for - a more relaxed reach to the bars. The bars are still low enough to not negatively effect handling in the twisties.
Installation was really simple and quick. Will accomplish what you are looking for Claude.

Offline weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 06:34:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by tricky67 [+]
Risers and bars have been debated at length elsewhere on the forum.
I picked up my green '16 at the end of last year and only spent about 3 hours on the bike before winter set in. I identified overall gearing, bar reach, sloping seat and windshield turbulence as issues to tackle this year. I have changed to a 16 tooth C/S sprocket, cut the slope out of my seat foam, added a Puig w/screen spoiler (extension) and just last week installed the 1 inch bar riser from Moto Werk, https://motowerk.com/collections/kawasaki-versys-1000/products/handlebar-risers-v1000lt.
For my short, 5'8" body, this was the best way to reduce the reach to the bars. As has already been described the the stock bar mounts are inclined rearward, so Speedy's riser moves the bar up and back, and then the stock bar can be rotated rearward without contacting the tank. Cables and wiring are just long enough to complete this installation without any re-routing. The result was just what I was looking for - a more relaxed reach to the bars. The bars are still low enough to not negatively effect handling in the twisties.
Installation was really simple and quick. Will accomplish what you are looking for Claude.

I also have the MotoWerk Bar Risers and they work great for me also...
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 01:32:07 AM »
Just received Rox 1 ĺ risers and the installation was quite straight forward (I would even say very easy).
As "extensive 3D study" peter 73 posted on page 1 ( :2:) I've been able to keep the same height but to move the grips 1ľ in. rearward. I am veeery satisfied with this. I did not ride the bike yet but all cables and hoses seemed to be long enough to not create any problem. Hope all will be fine at my next ride!

Offline jbobst

• Versys Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 03:23:08 AM »
After buying my '16 Versys, the handle bar height was hurting my hands.  I bought the motowerx risers and this fixed the problem...until I bought a second hand Corbin seat.  The seat is way better than stock, but now my hands hurt again like they did before I put the risers on.  I guess the higher Corbin seat height negated the risers?  Now I am thinking of going with a seat concepts seat as I believe that is lower than the stock seat.

It's frustrating...I fix one thing, and that breaks another thing.  If I do end up going with the seat concepts (assuming its a shorter seat), I am then worried it may give my legs problems by messing up the footpeg distnace to my seat :)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 05:59:31 AM »
Be sure to experiment with the tilt of the bars, looking for a position that gives you straight wrists. Then rotate the hand controls for a straight reach to the levers.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 07:23:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Be sure to experiment with the tilt of the bars, looking for a position that gives you straight wrists. Then rotate the hand controls for a straight reach to the levers.

:762:     
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics

waggish