Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Off throttle transition  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: Off throttle transition
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2018, 04:21:37 PM »
Question: didn't that set your right pants leg on fire?  :039:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline 9SecVmax

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Raleigh
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2018, 04:25:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]

I was thinking the same thing. I just didn't say it. Also, Ummm, you need another brake rotor on that front wheel sir.... :039:

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2018, 04:26:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]

it actually isn't as hot as you would think....its right in the air stream, and while under boost it gets toasty,  its not terrible..

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2018, 04:30:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by 9SecVmax [+]
I was thinking the same thing. I just didn't say it. Also, Ummm, you need another brake rotor on that front wheel sir.... :039:

Yeah, Sportys only have one unless its an XR or a Sportster sport..my current Sporty has 2...... I had plans to retrofit it, but like most things i got bored with it and moved on to another bike...:)

Offline 9SecVmax

• Versys Pro
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2018, 04:37:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
Yeah, Sportys only have one unless its an XR or a Sportster sport..my current Sporty has 2...... I had plans to retrofit it, but like most things i got bored with it and moved on to another bike...:)

That is just kewl. I'm not sure I would have become bored with that. This V1000 I have. Its kinda hard to explain. Its not all that fast, its not all that pretty. But for some damn reason, I kinda like it. It has grown on me. I usually get tired within a year or less. I have no intention to get rid of this one. I hate to say this, but I already called JE Pistons and dropped a line to Mellenium Tech. I'm thinking of a displacement bump this winter.

Lemme see if I can find a pic of my last motor I built....

Offline itlives

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Doyline
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2018, 04:45:49 PM »
I'm glad I'm easily satisfied. I like the V just as it (engine wise) is. I do understand the need for speed, though. I was young...back in the '70's, when real cars had chrome bumpers and six carbs.
Btw- raped ape? I don't think you can rape the willing...🤣

Offline 9SecVmax

• Versys Pro
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2018, 04:56:08 PM »
Yep, this (V1000) bike is pretty good. But, it would be tough to ride two up, bags full, and roll into it with 175HP.  :goggle:

I honestly have not changed in more than 40 years. My Dad beat my a$$ in 1975 for taking apart the lawn mower engine. It has gotten worse. But I have backed off a bit. Here was my last build. This really educated me as I built it from the crankshaft up. Sold it to a guy in Iowa. He was 65 years old when he bought it from me. He was 6.2, 215lbs. Very good shape. He ran a 9.28 with it. Probably low 190's in HP.

I mentioned this before. If anyone wants to get together in my neck of the woods, Ill show you this ECU stuff.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 05:14:11 PM by 9SecVmax »

Offline Keener

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2018, 06:41:38 PM »
nice  ZRX ....when you think about it Kawasaki just keeps throwing down the gauntlet even as far back as this old fella of mine , and it still can impress  :757: 

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2018, 07:57:06 PM »
I take my hat off to you guys, I'm mightily impressed, for me your work and modifications prove your abilities  :757:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2018, 08:41:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by 9SecVmax [+]

I mentioned this before. If anyone wants to get together in my neck of the woods, Ill show you this ECU stuff.

That's a beautiful bike....and next time im in NC, Im gonna give you a shout....

Recent Topics

waggish