Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Desert Trophy  (Read 418 times)

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Desert Trophy
« on: July 18, 2018, 06:23:01 PM »
Enjoyable video of a half dozen Italian guys tearing up the N. African desert on Bonnevilles. You can almost feel the grit in your underwear...  :008:

G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: Desert Trophy
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 09:01:28 PM »
I started my motorcycling withTrials bikes and so anything off road is always interesting to me...  :169: 

Great find Sonny, it looks like a whole lot of fun, but too much for this old boy nowadays    :006:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 11:24:04 PM »
It's 110F in Dallas now; I don't even want to think about the desert. But I'm not exactly escaping it. Sand from the Sahara and Mideast has been lifted to high altitude, blown across the Atlantic and is now covering the Caribbean and central US in thick brown dust. It happens from time to time.

Even if it wasn't hot enough to cook an egg on the sidewalk I wouldn't be riding now... don't need to be grinding the engine internals with the grit.  :lostit:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TallyRex

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 11:10:12 AM »
One good thing about the Sahara dust is that it kills hurricane formation.

Online Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 12:43:24 PM »
I have heard that. Not sure the mechanism of it, but whatever it is we'll take it and be grateful.

Online Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 12:59:46 PM »
Ahh, the interwebs is handy. The mechanism is, the sand is mid-level air (5K - 15Kft), it is dry, and it creates shear that tends to break up rotational patterns over the equator that rev up into tropical storms.

The low humidity combined with extreme heat we've got in Texas is OTOH very bad for wildfires. We're looking at 10 - 15% humidity today and 110F. Not good at all.

At its worst a couple of days ago, it was ominous looking. The sky was full of s**t.

Recent Topics

waggish