Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Boots ....  (Read 1140 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline longdog

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1283
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Swansea
  • Country: wales
Re: Boots ....
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 09:57:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
I wasn't familiar with this boot so I checked it out

It has some exceptional features, but comes at a high price  :002:   

Ah! Yes, they are expensive, but what I did was to try them on in a local bike shop that had them in stock to get the size right then ordered them online direct from Germany. I saved myself just over £110.00 including postage.

By the way, I made a mistake, the boots I have are Daytona Travel Star GTX, here's a linky: https://www.motoin.de/Clothing/Boots/Touring-boots/Daytona-TRAVEL-STAR-Gore-Tex::29659.html
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline Keener

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 468
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • Country: ca
Re: Boots ....
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 01:42:57 PM »
One thing I have noticed about the major/well known  brands is that they can sell a boot that is mediocre to poor , just on their name ..I would bet they sub out theses models to remain price competitive .
Also I wonder is the name on the boot worth the extra $$$ that you pay and that if in fact they even build any of the boots and just market under a logo that sells .
There are some good boots out there and they are worth the money , but then again there is some crap as well ..be careful with your money as to what you are really getting for it ..do the research .
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:45:38 PM by Keener »

Offline doc

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 115
  • Bike: versys 1000
  • City / Town: Huddersfield
  • Country: gb
Re: Boots ....
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »
Meindl Not a bike boot but I use these.Best boots I have ever owned.


Offline vincentder

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 260
  • Bike: versys 1000 gt
  • City / Town: Zoetermeer
  • Country: nl
Re: Boots ....
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 06:09:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by doc [+]
Meindl Not a bike boot but I use these.Best boots I have ever owned.



Now that's a multi purpose boot! Got some hiking shoes of that brand and some snow boots. Great stuff

Offline Deso_70

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 263
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: Grimsby
  • Country: england
Re: Boots ....
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 06:52:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by doc [+]
Meindl Not a bike boot but I use these.Best boots I have ever owned.



These might be comfortable for both riding and walking, but are they going to save your ankle getting pushed in the wrong direction and ending up snapped? Most motorbike specific boots are designed with this movement, or lack of it into the boots. This is the most important thing I look for in a boot.
Each to their own, but I just wonder if people that wear these type of boots have weighed up the risks of not having full ankle/leg/foot protection that motorbike specific boots provide?
What if the whole world farted at once?

Offline doc

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 115
  • Bike: versys 1000
  • City / Town: Huddersfield
  • Country: gb
Re: Boots ....
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 07:04:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Deso_70 [+]
These might be comfortable for both riding and walking, but are they going to save your ankle getting pushed in the wrong direction and ending up snapped? Most motorbike specific boots are designed with this movement, or lack of it into the boots. This is the most important thing I look for in a boot.
Each to their own, but I just wonder if people that wear these type of boots have weighed up the risks of not having full ankle/leg/foot protection that motorbike specific boots provide?

I will worry about that sort of thing when it happens. .I don't get on a bike and worry about what might happen.

Offline Keener

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 468
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • Country: ca
Re: Boots ....
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2018, 07:51:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Deso_70 [+]
These might be comfortable for both riding and walking, but are they going to save your ankle getting pushed in the wrong direction and ending up snapped? Most motorbike specific boots are designed with this movement, or lack of it into the boots. This is the most important thing I look for in a boot.
Each to their own, but I just wonder if people that wear these type of boots have weighed up the risks of not having full ankle/leg/foot protection that motorbike specific boots provide?

I dunno about that , there are a lot of motorcycle boots that would come up short against a good quality tall hiker or the like ...they look the part but when you grab one and give it a good hard twist there is little there ..for protection ..

..



« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:26:17 PM by Keener »

Offline Bart

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 345
  • City / Town: West Wales
  • Country: wales
Re: Boots ....
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2018, 05:17:38 PM »
I use some Sidi Adventures as well for autumn, winter and spring and some Daytona Evo Sports (non goretex) for warmer days, they have a separate inner hinged bit. I used to use a pair on Daytona Roadstars but broke my ankle on a low speed off so they were relegated to dog walking duties.
It seems to me that if a boot is comfy to walk in it may give little in the way of ankle protection..... :notsure:
 

Offline Keener

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 468
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • Country: ca
Re: Boots ....
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2018, 03:04:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bart [+]
I use some Sidi Adventures as well for autumn, winter and spring and some Daytona Evo Sports (non goretex) for warmer days, they have a separate inner hinged bit. I used to use a pair on Daytona Roadstars but broke my ankle on a low speed off so they were relegated to dog walking duties.
It seems to me that if a boot is comfy to walk in it may give little in the way of ankle protection..... :notsure:
 


These boots are definitely decent to walk in , and the ankle support /protection seems to be very good ..but you have to break them in as I did... I think you can have it both ways .

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/forma-adventure-low-boots     

Offline Bart

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 345
  • City / Town: West Wales
  • Country: wales
Re: Boots ....
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2018, 09:53:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Keener [+]

These boots are definitely decent to walk in , and the ankle support /protection seems to be very good ..but you have to break them in as I did... I think you can have it both ways .

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/forma-adventure-low-boots   

After the ankle I looked at various boots including the high version of yours but decided they were just too flexible for my taste and I guess the low one to be even more flexible, but I hope they work for you.

 



Recent Topics