Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2015 Versys Grand Tourer / GT  (Read 2282 times)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: 2015 Versys Grand Tourer / GT
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 09:51:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by geo [+]
Hi Tyke

Had it about 5 months.

Bought it as we had a holiday planned to Shetland, so wanted something with a bit more leg room (I'm 6'2") and hard luggage, knowing that I may part with it after the trip.

If it had floated my boat a bit more I'd maybe have tried to justify holding on to it,  but I miss the lazy riding style that comes with the torque of the GSX1400, so gonna go back to that.

It's a brilliant bike - can't fault it but it just doesn't do it for me.  And it's just too much money tied up in what's really a toy, so all in all, I just think it's time to cash it in.

Well if it's not fully floating your boat then you have no choice other than to make this move, there's no need to become a stranger to this forum though  :169:   

Good luck with the sale....have you tried local dealers McAllens or Motoplus Coleraine, you never know they may have a customer looking for one  :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline geo

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Ballymena
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 10:40:58 AM »
 :762:
Yeah - the GSX is some tool - puts a smile on my face every time. Sorry Versys guys  :11: :758: :mfr_lol:

Offline geo

• Versys Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 10:46:06 AM »
Thanks for the tips Tyke.  PS I thought my last post would have appeared above yours - still a forum novice... :goggle: :lostit: :157:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 11:12:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by geo [+]
Thanks for the tips Tyke.  PS I thought my last post would have appeared above yours - still a forum novice... :goggle: :lostit: :157:

:008:     No probs

Roger (Rog)

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 02:47:36 PM »
That is one beautifully fitted out Versys. Somebody will have to have it.

My wife is not crazy about ascending to the Versys pillion, either. Says she feels too exposed on it. She prefers the passenger accomodations on the Vulcan 900 which are much lower.

No bike is all things to all people, and our needs and missions change over time. We wish you a quick sale and happy riding on your Disco Bandit. They are beautiful bikes with nothin' but grunt out the wazoo! :031:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 02:59:51 PM »
Wow, bikes are expensive there..I paid $1000.00 more for my 2016 right off the showroom floor....

good luck with the sale though, that looks like  a beautifully maintained bike. 

Offline geo

• Versys Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 08:10:15 PM »
Thanks for all the comments folks.

Been busy busy busy with work, and to top it off the wife broke the bathroom sink (again... :172: :157:), so have had a plumbing job to add to that - no time to check the forum, and my hotmail seems to want to put everything but spam in the junk folder so I don't get notifications on the phone...

I'm too old for this  :761: :33: :033: :008: :001:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2018, 08:15:51 PM »
I'm reliably informed that an average 8 year old kid will be able to sort your hotmail problems    :008:   

Roger (Rog)

Offline geo

• Versys Member
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 08:19:50 PM »
 :mfr_lol:
Yeah - I don't doubt it. Makes ye feel old doesn't it  :012: :goggle: :001:

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 10:21:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by flatfour [+]
I need to buy a bike with lower rear footrests, as my wife is finding it difficult to climb on to the Versys following a hip operation last summer and I only use this bike for two - up riding and holidays solo.

My Versys is also the GT, registered May 2015 and I am the only owner, the mileage is just over 13000. It has all of the extras as yours and is in unmarked, as new condition, being garaged and covered in the garage at all times except when on holiday. I am on very good terms with the local Kawasaki dealer that supplied it and asked him to value it two weeks ago. He has said that it is worth £5,800 to £6,000 as a straight buy - in, a little more as a P/X. He would retail it for £7,400 and has two others for sale at present - a 2016 and 2017 for only a little more than this, although they are not GT spec. but Tourer, I think.

As I intend to buy a new BMW R1200 RT next year for reasons above and do not need the Versys again this year, I have now sold it to avoid further depreciation in the winter months.

As you have said, a quite wonderful bike that in many ways I regret selling.

I hope that this might help you when selling your own Versys - good luck with it all!
Blimey Colin you kept that quite.  Just goes to show though, more than any other reason , it's age and health issues that put a stop to our love of our favourite bikes.  Good luck for the future Colin to you and your good lady.  :002:    Geoff
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Recent Topics