Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 Versys 1000...  (Read 29406 times)

Dommy, De Vaca, doebag and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline reasonable

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: DL650A
  • City / Town: Wellington
Re: 2019 Versys 1000...
« Reply #460 on: November 11, 2018, 06:25:06 PM »
I've been watching this site for quite some time & don't own a Versys .
Pretty keen on the 1000 model .
I have a hugely farkled V-Strom 650 having returned to biking after a 25 year lay off .
I miss the power of the bigger bikes but wanted to ease back to biking hence the 650 .
Thought I'd wait till 2020 to purchase a new Versys 1000 with all the upgrades ( like now ) .
But I still think I'd get the current model based on your feedback & maybe add McCruise .
I'll keep watching though and look forward to future reviews from you all
Cheers from NZ

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #461 on: November 11, 2018, 07:04:27 PM »
Howdy, reasonable; thanks for signing up.  :031: You probably represent a fair number of guests viewing at any given time, though search bots are scanning as well.

Nowadays, the first thing a smart potential buyer will do is lurk the forums and quickly learn what owners like and don't like about a bike, what breaks or needs aftermarket improvement, the overall level of satisfaction and commitment to the bike.

I've read the forums on a number of bikes I was curious about and decided, no, I don't want to wade into the particular issues the owners are having, or discover I didn't think about something that is souring the deal for owners. And I proceed to move on to considering other bikes.

With the V1000, I lurked for several weeks, then joined and listened / asked questions for several more weeks before I bought my V, and a major factor in pulling the trigger was the tone and positive content of this forum. It was helped by the friendly welcome new members receive here. I could see that here were riders a lot like me and the bike wasn't making them miserable but the opposite. Two years later, I can say this crowd didn't steer me wrong.  :028:

Of course, as you may know, your Wee-Strom has gotten a lot of positive comments here as well, which says something for it.

We hope you enjoy the forum as a member.  :169:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #462 on: November 11, 2018, 10:33:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Claude [+]
Crosshairs, you probably already posted about those mods. Could you please direct me toward those posts or share the details about them?
I suggest you start a new thread if not already made.
Thanks!

I have a set of Traxxion Dynamics AK-20s in the front, a Hyper Pro 461 in the rear and Galfer pads and rotors all around... I did have a thread, but after a pair of now banned members  berated me to no end and filled the thread with complete BS, , I just gave up posting about it.

Im not the only one on this forum with an AK20 set up...its money well spent  ...I would  be glad to share any info and pictures through PM if you want...I don't want to take this thread off topic...

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #463 on: November 12, 2018, 08:09:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by reasonable [+]
I've been watching this site for quite some time & don't own a Versys .
Pretty keen on the 1000 model .
I have a hugely farkled V-Strom 650 having returned to biking after a 25 year lay off .
I miss the power of the bigger bikes but wanted to ease back to biking hence the 650 .
Thought I'd wait till 2020 to purchase a new Versys 1000 with all the upgrades ( like now ) .
But I still think I'd get the current model based on your feedback & maybe add McCruise .
I'll keep watching though and look forward to future reviews from you all
Cheers from NZ

A warm welcome to the forum Reasonable... as Sonny says we are a very friendly bunch of folk on here and there is also a fair amount of good helpful advice available to you

Good luck with your deliberation  :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline reasonable

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: DL650A
  • City / Town: Wellington
« Reply #464 on: November 12, 2018, 08:43:32 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys .
One thing I have noticed is you are a friendly bunch .
Safe travels

Online Dommy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 - 2013
  • City / Town: Vicenza
« Reply #465 on: November 12, 2018, 05:50:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
There is no way I could trade or sell my 2016 Versys...I've not added up all the mods, but its well over 4K....the suspension and brakes alone were 3K...that money never comes back at sale time...add in the fact that it has over 33000 miles on it and Im stuck with it for life...fortunately for me, I love the bike...it looks and runs better than new and I expect to see over 100K on it in a few more years.

Agree.
Mine is a 2013 model with 58000 Km on ... lots of upgrades and aftermarket parts ... now I love this bike and don't want to trade with the 2019 model, although the 2019 model looks fantastic  :039:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #466 on: November 12, 2018, 06:02:11 PM »
Kawasaki inform me that U.K 2019 Versys SE prices will be confirmed on the Kawasaki U.K website hopefully before the end of this week    :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
« Reply #467 on: November 12, 2018, 10:19:53 PM »
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
« Reply #468 on: November 13, 2018, 01:34:42 AM »
She's a beauty but would see it in the flesh...to decide  :2:

Not sure about electronic suspension as believe a good tuned aftermarket suspension would give the same results. Have to see.

Love the looks  :37:

This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Offline Dannyboy1949

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Medford, Oregon
« Reply #469 on: November 13, 2018, 04:38:01 AM »
I really believe all Kaw needed to do to keep the V1 in the game was to add a cruise control. Everything else is easily and economically added from aftermarket offerings.

Kaw has ALWAYS been anti cruise control and has never included one on any bike until every other manufacturer has done so for several years on like models. It puzzles me as to what their mindset is here. :lostit:

Thumbing their corporate nose at the consumer? I don't know.
I used to do self deprecating humor, but I wasn't very good at it.

Recent Topics

waggish