Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 Versys 1000...  (Read 53101 times)

Offline GrinchTed

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland
Re: 2019 Versys 1000...
« Reply #730 on: February 11, 2019, 06:27:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by mr.ford [+]
I have seen many motorcycle reviews. Some are technical and deep in to things I have never even considered before. Some are emotional and are fun to watch someone getting excited about the product. Some are paid reviews and every word they say is written by the manufacturer marketing department..

This review is none of the above... Lets keep waiting...  :151:

I agree....... but pickings for any information or review are very sparce right now!  :019:
But I see from your frenchman's effort, I'm going to have to move my GoPro from my chest to the top of the Schuberth  :745:
Never argue with an idiot because they will pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #731 on: February 11, 2019, 06:43:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by GrinchTed [+]
I agree....... but pickings for any information or review are very sparce right now!  :019:
But I see from your frenchman's effort, I'm going to have to move my GoPro from my chest to the top of the Schuberth  :745:
Totally agreed...  :031:
My dealer should be getting my new bike sometime this week and I asked for delivery on March 1st. Why delivery? Because we still have few meters of snow and ice outside (northern Canada).. But I cant wait and want it in my garage so I could "touch" it everyday...  :lostit:

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #732 on: February 11, 2019, 07:04:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by GrinchTed [+]

You know, I tried a top-of-helmet camera mount and found that it made camera movement worse not better compared to side of the helmet by the ear. It makes sense really: the head pivots like a Ram mount around the top of the spine, so that a side mounted camera simply pivots in place on, say, a look down at the gauges. A top mount camera swoops forward 6 or 8 inches and down, on the end of the lever arm from the head's pivot point to the camera nearly a foot above.

On a side to side head move there is also vertical movement since we tend to lower our forehead somewhat when looking well off to the side or behind us.

The result is more nausea-inducing swinging around of the picture with the cam up high.

The drawback of a side-mount is that the cam can't see all of the opposite side from where it is mounted because the helmet is in the way.

A chest mount, bar mount or shoulder mount is the most stable. But to me, by missing all the rider's head movements, the result is less of a rider's view and more of a camera view. The impression is that the rider is blowing through intersections without clearing them, not looking into turns, etc., and I find that nerve-wracking!  :027:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline JosÚ

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versy1000, zrx12s
  • City / Town: Lisieux ,Normandy
« Reply #733 on: February 11, 2019, 08:36:37 PM »
This is a much better video. If you don't speak French, its OK, just scroll it to 3:00 min mark.

Enjoy:

:763:

Offline GrinchTed

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland
« Reply #734 on: February 11, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »
Totally agreed...  :031:
My dealer should be getting my new bike sometime this week and I asked for delivery on March 1st. Why delivery? Because we still have few meters of snow and ice outside (northern Canada).. But I cant wait and want it in my garage so I could "touch" it everyday...  :lostit:

:mfr_lol:

Tyke and I should have our GT SE's by the end of next week, but right now, the girlfriend laughs every time the gritter lorry's orange flashing lights go past - I want it to rain hard for a week, wash away the salt off the road........ and that big yellow fecker of a truck keeps throwing down more salt!  :125: :192:
Ice on the roads this morning again!  :157:
God must not like bikers!

But like yourself, I'm going to put it in the garage and lick it profusely until the sun shines.

*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
You know, I tried a top-of-helmet camera mount and found that it made camera movement worse not better compared to side of the helmet by the ear. It makes sense really: the head pivots like a Ram mount around the top of the spine, so that a side mounted camera simply pivots in place on, say, a look down at the gauges. A top mount camera swoops forward 6 or 8 inches and down, on the end of the lever arm from the head's pivot point to the camera nearly a foot above.

On a side to side head move there is also vertical movement since we tend to lower our forehead somewhat when looking well off to the side or behind us.

The result is more nausea-inducing swinging around of the picture with the cam up high.

The drawback of a side-mount is that the cam can't see all of the opposite side from where it is mounted because the helmet is in the way.

A chest mount, bar mount or shoulder mount is the most stable. But to me, by missing all the rider's head movements, the result is less of a rider's view and more of a camera view. The impression is that the rider is blowing through intersections without clearing them, not looking into turns, etc., and I find that nerve-wracking!  :027:

I absolutely agree with you, and having done a ton of research, youtube video's etc..... I'm going to try the three.
Side mount would be the most stable but I'm not sure I like the offset view, I have bought the chin mount with the short curve to center the gopro on the chin which I think is the best all round riders perspective, and I will try the head mount anyway - its just a bit of 3m tape, so a hairdryer will remove it when I agree we were both right.
I use two lids, a Schuberth C3 and a Shoei Neo Tech - both are flip up's, so I need to do a bit of jiggery pokery.

And I should add, I am totally new to this GoPro stuff, but I reckon its time to record some of the adventures I have planned.
Gotta start somewhere.  :028:
Never argue with an idiot because they will pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #735 on: February 11, 2019, 09:30:06 PM »
Gritting Lorry ?  What's one of those then, just fekin black ice here, just like a bloody skating rink in the mornings. ... BUT 10 +░c forecast for this week,  is Spring on its way  :008:   

Am hoping to see the bike real soon   :152:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #736 on: February 11, 2019, 10:45:08 PM »
 :019:
I have no space left in front of my house to dump snow...

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #737 on: February 11, 2019, 11:19:48 PM »
... and look at that relentless icy wind!  :43: :43: :43: :43: :43: :43:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Online francis83

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #738 on: February 12, 2019, 05:17:09 PM »
The new Neo14 bike in France

The main point is invisible for the eyes

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .