Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aux Lights  (Read 621 times)

Offline eggy

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: West Sussex
Aux Lights
« on: August 15, 2018, 09:56:58 PM »
Ok, before everyone shouts at me to use the search button.... I have!!
But......

My bike is still under UK warranty (they are b*stards for after market stuff).....

I've got the original Kawasaki switch and loom but I'm now after lights and mounts that don't look as bad as the originals....

Lights shouldn't be a problem (anything from eBay will do to an extent) but I really want the mounts to be as stock as possible.

Has anyone found a stock mounting frame and added their own lights??

Talking of lights, to keep within the warranty, I want to add the lights using the OEM connectors - does anyone know where I can buy the matching pair from (these would be the same as fitted to the OEM lights.....)

Any help appreciated - my OCD won't allow me to deviate too far from standard....

Cheers,
Kev.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: Aux Lights
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 07:22:53 AM »
I haven't checked on your behalf, but you may find the connectors you require on this site.

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/ 

I  think Givi retail secondary lights and also PIAA so a quick check on fleabay may provide you with what you want/need

Hope this helps  :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline eggy

• Versys Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 05:20:29 PM »
Thanks Tyke  :002:

Can someone please take some photos of the light brackets on the 1000??
Please  :039:

Offline Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »
What about these mounts: sw-motech?
You need two male MT090-2B connectors for the lights and a female MT090-4 for the switch.
Where did you find the oem wiring loom alone? Isn't it sold together with the oem mount?

Offline eggy

• Versys Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 08:39:00 AM »
Thank you!!

Here's a close up of the loom side connector - hopefully you can confirm as it looks slightly different to me???

The switch I found on Ebay (considerably cheaper than buying direct from Kawasaki!)
The middle part of the loom I brought from Kawasaki direct. The complete kit here in the UK is £345.
The switch cost me £10, the loom was £29.

I got the part numbers from the on-line diagrams that you can find (but the bracket for mounting the lights isn't identified :003:  )
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:41:28 AM by eggy »

Offline Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 09:33:56 AM »
Yes, they are.
These are the females, so you have to buy two males to replace the connectors of the lights that you will buy (unless the lights are already equipped with Sumitomo connectors, of course).
Given the price, I guess the switch you bought is not oem. Make sure it is a switch with four contacts like the oem one, therefore compatible with the wiring.

Offline eggy

• Versys Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 06:53:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vespista1960 [+]
Given the price, I guess the switch you bought is not oem. Make sure it is a switch with four contacts like the oem one, therefore compatible with the wiring.

I was VERY lucky with the Ebay search, switch was complete with bracket and loom from a salvage bike  :2: :2:

I now need photos of the standard brackets and fixings  :42: :42:

Recent Topics

waggish