Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Top box dilemma  (Read 843 times)

Online Keener

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Re: Top box dilemma
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 10:12:44 PM »
I have one of these on my V1 Ö..

Lot of sizes available  price points too , easy install (bolt them on to the stock rear rack  )  and they look IMO pretty good especially in the smaller sizes Öand they hold whats important for daily use ..

https://www.amazon.com/Condition-Medium-Black-Protective-Customizable/dp/B00ELQ659O/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_421_tr_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JQEX6AV64ABAW5VZC4S8
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:16:00 PM by Keener »

Online Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 11:37:57 PM »
I prefer The top box over the panniers and  I actually run with it on at all times..When im travelling for a few days, I'll add a tail bag ..I can easily do 7 day trips with this setup and not run out of clean clothes.   

Offline hobzinho

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1k '16
  • City / Town: N. CA
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 06:48:03 AM »
I had the 47 on my previous bike and moved it to the V.  I run with it almost all the time.  What I really like is that I added the light kit (running, brake and signals) which makes me feel more comfortable in traffic with more lights up high.  I prefer it to the panniers for the daily commute as it makes it easier to lane split.

Offline Rodger that

• Versys Member
  • The force is strong with this one
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 10:39:18 AM »
Some great ideas here,I might even just get myself a small waterproof rucksack,on that note,has anyone removed the rear luggage rack/pillion grab rails altogether,whilst there not in use,do you think that if your not using a topbox or carrying a pillion the bike would look better without it,has anyone done it ?
ď I donít need google as my wife knows everything ď

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 02:13:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rodger that [+]
Some great ideas here,I might even just get myself a small waterproof rucksack,on that note,has anyone removed the rear luggage rack/pillion grab rails altogether,whilst there not in use,do you think that if your not using a topbox or carrying a pillion the bike would look better without it,has anyone done it ?

I always have a top box fitted, its a practical accessory and even more importantly Gillion won't ride pillion without a top box as support  :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline PhilDHY

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2013
  • City / Town: York
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 03:05:48 PM »
Rodger, I have a bike rucksack which I no longer use. If you'd like it and would reimburse the postage, its yours.
Phil

Offline Rodger that

• Versys Member
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 07:49:40 PM »
 :763: thatís a great offer,but I purchased an oxford b 25 from sportSBike shop the other day as it was on sale,my daily commute is only 7 miles each way and I reckon it will be suffice,Iím financially constrained at the moment with the purchase of the new bike,and a top box will have to go on the x-mas wish list at the moment,the wife is only understanding to a point just now  : :157::and I got the big  :192: for getting the bike this side of xmas  :745: boys and there toys and all that stuff   :biker3: :biker3: :biker3::so I think I will be going for the givi 40 litre as I canít see the 47 litre fitting down the chimney Iím afraid  :019:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:52:06 PM by Rodger that »

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2018, 06:02:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rodger that [+]

I have removed the rack and pillion grad rails to
a) save some weight..around 5kg
b) to enable a Joffma tail/saddle bag to be fitted for touring

More pictures of the tailpack here
https://www.versys.co.uk/index.php/topic,23779.0.html

Offline Rodger that

• Versys Member
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2018, 08:10:15 PM »
Looks good,Iím also sure that Iím going to do the same   :757:the additional weight saving did cross my mind to,I realise thatís itís probably not everyoneís cup of tea,removing the rear rack and pillion handles but if we all seen things the same way it would be a boring world I suppose,but I think it looks good  :031:

Recent Topics

waggish