Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from Skip  (Read 762 times)

Offline BikerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 V1K GT SE
  • City / Town: SE London
Re: Hello from Skip
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 11:43:43 PM »
Hello Skip, a warm belated welcome to this great forum. How did you get on with the test ride?  :question:
Did you or didn't you?  :question:

Offline Skip

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: Dublin
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 12:02:56 AM »
Thanks BikerMan,  Yes I did and I purchased Geo's 2015 GT that he had advertised on the forum. It took a couple of weeks to organise as Geo lives two hours drive away and I was going on holidays but we got sorted and I'm very happy with my purchase so far. I've only had the opportunity to but up a few hundred kilometers.

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 12:49:21 AM »
Great news, Skip. That's a pretty white bike, well appointed with add-ons. Glad to think of it lighting up the streets of Dublin now.  :028: I'd be interested to hear any info on the MRA windscreen.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline BikerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 V1K GT SE
  • City / Town: SE London
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 01:12:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Skip [+]
Thanks BikerMan,  Yes I did and I purchased Geo's 2015 GT that he had advertised on the forum. It took a couple of weeks to organise as Geo lives two hours drive away and I was going on holidays but we got sorted and I'm very happy with my purchase so far. I've only had the opportunity to but up a few hundred kilometers.

That's great news Skip, I'm very pleased for you. It's a great looking bike in it's white livery  :028:
I am sure you will have many, many, happy days on your new acquisition. Ride safe and enjoy  :152:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 08:35:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by Skip [+]

Congratulations Skip      :152:    ..... if I'd known you were visiting this part of the world we could have met for a coffee ..... I live in Ballymena   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Skip

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 03:30:15 PM »
 :763: Thanks Tyke. Maybe next time.  It was a quick trip to Belfast to pick up a trailer from a friend, then up to Ballymena and a slow crawl back south. It took all day. VRT (vehicle registration tax) paid after making an appointment and hit the road  :biker1:
Mrs Skip loves it too and with other members advice we have mastered the getting on and off
without breaking or dropping the bike.

Offline Skip

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 06:21:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Great news, Skip. That's a pretty white bike, well appointed with add-ons. Glad to think of it lighting up the streets of Dublin now.  :028: I'd be interested to hear any info on the MRA windscreen.
Thanks Sonny.
I had an MRA Vario screen on my NT650 Honda Deauville and found it only ok. I tried adjusting the spoiler to lots of  different positions but didn't notice much difference. I like to use flip front helmets which I gather are noisier than full face helmets but I always found the wind always seemed to hit me at just about where the helmet front hinges. I find  the same on the V1, but I haven't done all the adjustments with height and the spoiler angle yet. There was no height adjustment on the Honda screen.

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 07:31:08 PM »
Okay, thanks. The consensus here runs to Puig and Givi touring screens, Givi Airflow, and some Natl. Cycle V-streams. But it's a big forum and people run everything under the sun.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TallyRex

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2018, 11:17:59 PM »
I'm very happy with my Laminar Lip.  Very easy to put on and effective with air flow and sound, although it's a bit ugly.

Offline Skip

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 07:05:43 PM »
Hi TallyRex, I haven't come across that brand. I'm thinking of fitting a Puig screen as it is slightly wider and taller than the MRA that's currently fitted.

Recent Topics