Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Stiff shoulders and lower back  (Read 958 times)

Online Rockdoc

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 V1k GT
  • City / Town: Derby
Re: Stiff shoulders and lower back
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 03:38:46 PM »
I'm the lightest I've been for over 50 years at 13st 10lb, Rog. I feel better for it, as you'd expect, and will do my damnedest to keep it off.

Keith
2018 Candy Fire Red/Metallic Flat Spark Black GT.
Where do they get the names for these colours?

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 03:48:55 PM »
My always heavy sister has lost a similar percentage of her body weight recently as well, and she's walking on air about it, and looking good. And spending money on sharp looking new clothes... When you get to your proper running weight everything works better -- body mind and spirit.

My congrats to you as well, Keith. Enjoy it to the max. And consider: you've probably added 10 or 20 virtual horsepower to your V without touching a wrench to it!  :757:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Online Rockdoc

• Versys Pro
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 06:17:23 PM »
Thanks, Sonny. The before and after photos are quite astonishing! I was always the fat kid at school and not much changed after that except my weight kept creeping up. Having always been overweight I may not have been thrilled by my appearance but I accepted that this was me. It wasnít until I looked in the mirror one day and thought ďYou fat b*****dĒ that I decided it had to come off.

And itís cost me a fortune! Iíve lost four inches from my chest, ten from my waist and a couple from my neck, believe it or not. I had to buy a new lid because it got too loose as my face shrank. Even my feet arenít the same size any more, losing width as (I guess) they spread less. I had to buy new riding kit when the old suit got to look silly but the riding trousers are themselves so big now that Iíll be using them as overtrousers this Winter.

But a real bonus is when I meet people who havenít seen for a bit and watch their jaws drop. Iím not used to being complimented on my appearance - quite the opposite! Another is being able to go into pretty much any clothes shop and expect to find something to fit me instead of having to look for places that did larger sizes.

Doctors have been trying and failing to get me to lose weight for about 50 years. I wish Iíd known about Slimming World a l-o-n-g time ago because this time itís been dead easy.

Keith

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 02:52:33 AM »
Keith, Congratulation. Superb job!

Jack, try stretching before and after you get on/off the bike. It surely helps.

I know some of my older riding buddies use a back brace. They tell me it helps them a lot.

This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Online Rockdoc

• Versys Pro
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 08:18:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by stlee29 [+]
Keith, Congratulation. Superb job!
Thanks.

I know some of my older riding buddies use a back brace. They tell me it helps them a lot.

One of the best things I fitted to my K1200LT was a riderís backrest. It stopped me from sitting with a curved back. I know we donít have anything similar for the Versys but posture is important however we achieve it.

Keith

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 08:37:31 AM »
Sometimes called it a kidney belt. Was using the fox racing one under the Aerostich roadcrafter.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/back-line-back-support-belt-review/

My now rev'it dominator suit come will it built in - https://www.revitsport.com/en/jacket-dominator-gtx-41456.html#368

:031:
This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Recent Topics

waggish