Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 3750 mile service  (Read 340 times)

Offline Rodger that

• Versys Member
  • The force is strong with this one
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Glasgow
3750 mile service
« on: September 16, 2018, 03:17:04 PM »
What gets done at this service,and is it worth getting done
ď I donít need google as my wife knows everything ď

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
Re: 3750 mile service
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 04:54:54 PM »
Not a lot looking at the service schedule some form of enviromental filter check.

Salesman suggested may want an oil change.

Service tech suggested next service was 3750 (arguably 4350) at 12 months. Didn't say what for. Have done 1200 in two weeks will drop off to a degree.

Last bike was 4K interim and 8K main including oil/filter. Tended to merge into a 6K, which I planned to carry forward and probably use a known independent whilst in warranty.

Will give them a call closer to 3750 to ask what they expect to check.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:59:34 PM »
If you are comfortable with basic maintenance then there is nothing within this service that you cant do for yourself and save some cash too   :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Yox

• Versys God
  • Bike: V 1000
  • City / Town: Heathfield
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 06:07:56 PM »
Oil change is optional and the cynical me will say that the 3750 mile services are just there to make the dealers a bit of money.
the 7500 mile ones are the key ones to do, the stuff in the 3750 ones are only visual checks and in reality you should be checking these as a matter of course anyway.
Those that live by the sword get shot by those that don't.

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 06:37:53 PM »
I do it all myself, my dealer friend is happy to stamp my book so I buy the oil / filter etc from him.

Offline Tony the oldie

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1000 green
  • City / Town: Chelmsford
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 09:19:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
I do it all myself, my dealer friend is happy to stamp my book so I buy the oil / filter etc from him.

Got my local bike repair shop to do it and stamp the warranty book/service record. Wanted this to have a full service history when I come to sell.  Cost much less than Kwacka dealer wanted. I change the oil every 4000 miles as I reckon that's what helps the engine and it doesn't cost very much.

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 09:29:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tony the oldie [+]
Got my local bike repair shop to do it and stamp the warranty book/service record. Wanted this to have a full service history when I come to sell.  Cost much less than Kwacka dealer wanted. I change the oil every 4000 miles as I reckon that's what helps the engine and it doesn't cost very much.

Used to work in another mates shop as a mechanic so no difference doing it my workshop at home or in my mates shop., It's just the stamp I haven't got. 😉

Offline Rodger that

• Versys Member
  • The force is strong with this one
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 07:56:15 PM »
 : :notsure::my initial thoughts are that the bike is competitively priced within its segment of the market,however taking the price of all theses short services into account it might not be as good a deal as it first appears which is a real shame,however Iím not going to let it put me off the bike as itís a real cracker,I will keep it up whilst in the warranty period though  :124:
ď I donít need google as my wife knows everything ď

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 09:40:38 PM »
At least my dealer appears to be on a reasonable hourly rate. Much better than a Bring My Wallet.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 08:07:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rodger that [+]
: :notsure::my initial thoughts are that the bike is competitively priced within its segment of the market,however taking the price of all theses short services into account it might not be as good a deal as it first appears which is a real shame,however Iím not going to let it put me off the bike as itís a real cracker,I will keep it up whilst in the warranty period though  :124:

As you say the bike is a "cracker" and TBH I don't think it is any more expensive to maintain than many other bikes, I reckon there are other makes more expensive to maintain and much less reliable  :028:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics