Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sticking Pannier  (Read 704 times)

Offline Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Re: Sticking Pannier
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 10:37:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by dizzy [+]
I did mention it to the Salesman and he mentioned there were some sticky foam inserts if I needed them. I initially thought perhaps these had just been removed from the one side to free it off. When I had chance to look properly I realised they weren't on either side.

Would have thought sticky foam would be pulled off byvtgecsliding/locking motion.

Will take him up on the offer when I get the delayed painted detail strips put on.

Took a look at my bike and realised I forgot about this  from my earlier post.... :138:  but this  worked well for me ..

Velcro comes as a tape as well... its two sided ,male and female both have a peel off backing..  use the softer Fuzzy side (female)in the rails that your pannier slide into .. it stands up better than a foam tape to the friction of continually sliding the panniers off and on and  doesn't flatten out as quickly as foam tape will eventually by friction .
So far so good for me and it tightened up the bags mounting nicely ….

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:49:20 PM by Keener »

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 11:32:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Keener [+]

Took a look at my bike and realised I forgot about this  from my earlier post.... :138:  but this  worked well for me ..

Velcro comes as a tape as well... its two sided ,male and female both have a peel off backing..  use the softer Fuzzy side (female)in the rails that your pannier slide into .. it stands up better than a foam tape to the friction of continually sliding the panniers off and on and  doesn't flatten out as quickly as foam tape will eventually by friction .
So far so good for me and it tightened up the bags mounting nicely ….

Thanks. Did it already have an adhesive backing or did you use glue if so what type?

Offline Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 01:39:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by dizzy [+]
Thanks. Did it already have an adhesive backing or did you use glue if so what type?

The Velcro tape comes with an adhesive backing you just peel it off and stick it on (same as foam tape )  :169:

https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=hook+and+loop+strip&tag=googcana-20&index=aps&hvadid=208447547745&hvpos=1t2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12325503607878220741&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001314&hvtargid=kwd-308134577467&ref=pd_sl_6usk2bow6p_b

Recent Topics

waggish