Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: maybe gearbox problem  (Read 506 times)

Online Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
Re: maybe gearbox problem
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 08:58:09 PM »
just simply let the clutch out slightly until you get the gearbox turning and it will go down into gear, You might have to do it between each gear. Stomping down on the lever will defiantly break something, Every bike is like this.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 09:32:50 PM »
 :89:    stomping, stamping or in any way forcing the gear lever is a no no  :151:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online Werner66

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: Lier
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 06:22:05 PM »
Thanks for the answers, that stomping with my heel on the gear lever happened only once and that was a little out of frustration  :023:, pushing the engine a little forward helps perfectly.
In the meantime I've been riding the kawa to work every day for a few days and I'm starting to get used to the bike, after 13 years honda deauville this is a bit different.
What I do know is that my noble parts are well heated when driving around with 30 and more degrees, especially when the fans are switched on "great balls on fire" :172: :745: the honda also had this a bit but at the kawa it gets a bit warmer.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 08:02:21 PM »
It's a big engine and it does produce heat. In the dog days of summer it gets 38 - 40C here in Texas and being stuck in traffic in those conditions can roast the legs. Moving, heat is still being vented on the inside of the legs but getting the knees a few inches out from the tank helps a lot.

When it gets that hot, if practical for the mission I will use my Xmax 300 scooter whose bodywork allows zero engine heat anywhere near the rider.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 08:49:23 PM »
That level of heat wouldn't be experienced here  :008:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics