Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Auxiliary Run/Brake Lights  (Read 4872 times)

Offline JEF.FREE.Ryder

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000
Re: Auxiliary Run/Brake Lights
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 09:10:37 PM »
AWSOME          your lighting is going to look Sweet   When you are riding at night

:biker1: 

Offline carlsversys

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2017 versys 1000
  • City / Town: FRESNO
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 12:34:02 AM »
HI Bob do you have any pics of how you ran all the wiring for the leds on the top box..

Offline Bob

• Versys Pro
  • Acts 4:12
  • Bike: 2016 V1K
  • City / Town: Palmdale
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 11:00:55 PM »
Top Box Lid - drilled small hole for wire exit.

Inside wire routing (red switch controlling white LED strips for seeing top box contents in the dark).

Bottom of top case wiring through back. Another hole drilled. It was very difficult to fish these wires through. Took lots of patience.

Inside bottom of top case - drilled hole for wires to exit out the bottom.

Outside bottom of top case - tied knots in the wires both inside & outside for strain relief.

DC plug run/brake - color coded with red shrink tube.

Interior white LED strip for seeing in the dark - currently off.

DC plug interior lights - color coded with white shrink tube.

Interior lights on - Done.

Bob
----------
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. (Romans 12:17)

Offline Dannyboy1949

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Medford, Oregon
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 01:36:08 AM »
Nicely done!
I used to do self deprecating humor, but I wasn't very good at it.

Offline weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 02:02:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bob [+]
Top Box Lid - drilled small hole for wire exit.

Inside wire routing (red switch controlling white LED strips for seeing top box contents in the dark).

Bottom of top case wiring through back. Another hole drilled. It was very difficult to fish these wires through. Took lots of patience.

Inside bottom of top case - drilled hole for wires to exit out the bottom.

Outside bottom of top case - tied knots in the wires both inside & outside for strain relief.

DC plug run/brake - color coded with red shrink tube.

Interior white LED strip for seeing in the dark - currently off.

DC plug interior lights - color coded with white shrink tube.

Interior lights on - Done.

Hmmmm.....https://www.amazon.com/Brilliant-Evolution-BRRC113-Wireless-Ultra/dp/B079WQT6QM/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1542160395&sr=8-16&keywords=adhesive+led+pucks

https://www.amazon.com/AMIR-Anywhere-Portable-Wireless-Magnetic/dp/B0757KHHQ7/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1542160927&sr=8-17&keywords=adhesive+led+pucks

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Bob

• Versys Pro
  • Acts 4:12
  • Bike: 2016 V1K
  • City / Town: Palmdale
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 05:16:05 AM »
Well weljo2001, thatís what makes people interesting. You do it 1 way, I do it another way, he/she does it yet another way. On a previous bike, I tried the puck type & didnít like them. The weight with the batteries would overwhelm the ďstickumĒ. I donít want to change batteries considering the bike has a battery readily available that I can tap into. Also didnít like how thick they are. Theyíd take up space that the helmets needed. Your suggestions would certainly be cheaper, but I was OK with spending more, getting brighter lighting, having auxiliary run/brake lights that no one else has & having exactly what I wanted. Not that I need to justify my choices. Iím very pleased with my end results. Thatís all that matters.

Posting these pictures of how it was done was in response to a request to see how I did it all. That person liked it enough to say he was going to try doing the same thing. I hope the pix helped.
Bob
----------
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. (Romans 12:17)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 07:46:02 AM »
And a very descriptive and informative review it was too Bob  :763:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 01:35:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bob [+]
Well weljo2001, thatís what makes people interesting. You do it 1 way, I do it another way, he/she does it yet another way. On a previous bike, I tried the puck type & didnít like them. The weight with the batteries would overwhelm the ďstickumĒ. I donít want to change batteries considering the bike has a battery readily available that I can tap into. Also didnít like how thick they are. Theyíd take up space that the helmets needed. Your suggestions would certainly be cheaper, but I was OK with spending more, getting brighter lighting, having auxiliary run/brake lights that no one else has & having exactly what I wanted. Not that I need to justify my choices. Iím very pleased with my end results. Thatís all that matters.

Posting these pictures of how it was done was in response to a request to see how I did it all. That person liked it enough to say he was going to try doing the same thing. I hope the pix helped.

:759:    :762:

Recent Topics

waggish