Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best Suspension Upgrade...  (Read 4070 times)

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
Re: Best Suspension Upgrade...
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 11:02:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
So, Geoff, you are selling your V to Richard? What are you going to do? You aren't looking at a 2019 are you? Or going to one of the several DARK SIDES, heaven forbid??   :761: :007:
  Yes Sonny, my bike will be leaving the delightful Yorkshire Dales next Tuesday.  It's new home will be in a land where men wear kilts,  and play music by blowing down a pipe into a bag of wind.

I have suffered for over 2 years with aching forearms and a very painful left elbow joint. I have therefore decided that unless I take action now, I will not be able to ride a motorbike at all in the near future.

Therefore I have decided that I must have a lighter bike, I have owned a 650 Versys before, and although it is no big Versys , it is still a very good bike . The little v will fulfil my needs,  and they are always up for a bit of fun.

It will be a sad day for me when the bike goes next Tuesday, 3 and a half years, and 50 thousand miles, zero problems, no issues whatsoever,  and deep joy every time that I have ridden the bike, will leave some very fond memories of a great bike.

But there will be no dark side for me Sonny,  my blood runs Green. So i await the next chapter of my biking life after a slight sideways step. I am  certain that there will be lots of fun to be had on the big Vs little brother .

Furthermore l will still be hovering around this great forum. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:14:44 PM by 100milesaway »
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 11:37:25 PM »
Geoff, I'm sorry to hear of your ailments, and that explains the downsizing plan.

Suffice it to say, you are one of the list's Versys kings, whose advice and comments are worth their weight in gold. And we trust you will not become a stranger around the big V forum.

The V650 is a known quantity to you. The best I can tell from studying the satellite maps of the Dales and Lake District, the sort of roads are such that the 650 should be more than up to the mission and I'm sure you will do splendidly and continue to wear out tires at a high rate.

I hate losing you from the Orange Bike team, but Richard the Tower Man can take up the mantle and help hold the line against the blasted Green team. I'm sure we'll be okay.  :015:

For certain riders of a certain age the Versys 1000 is a pinnacle of "just right" motorcycling, but age has many of us considering a future with something a little lighter and smaller. As you know, I already am riding an Xmax 300 and, truth be told, am really enjoying the ease of riding and getting on/off the thing. Currently I am at around 50/50 V1K and Xmax riding. But compared to what I am doing to ease it on down a bit, going to the 650 is only a slight adjustment. I'm glad to hear the Dales will still have you looking over them and keeping them pristine. Happy riding safely to you sir.  :123A:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 07:40:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Geoff, I'm sorry to hear of your ailments, and that explains the downsizing plan.

Suffice it to say, you are one of the list's Versys kings, whose advice and comments are worth their weight in gold. And we trust you will not become a stranger around the big V forum.

The V650 is a known quantity to you. The best I can tell from studying the satellite maps of the Dales and Lake District, the sort of roads are such that the 650 should be more than up to the mission and I'm sure you will do splendidly and continue to wear out tires at a high rate.

I hate losing you from the Orange Bike team, but Richard the Tower Man can take up the mantle and help hold the line against the blasted Green team. I'm sure we'll be okay.  :015:

For certain riders of a certain age the Versys 1000 is a pinnacle of "just right" motorcycling, but age has many of us considering a future with something a little lighter and smaller. As you know, I already am riding an Xmax 300 and, truth be told, am really enjoying the ease of riding and getting on/off the thing. Currently I am at around 50/50 V1K and Xmax riding. But compared to what I am doing to ease it on down a bit, going to the 650 is only a slight adjustment. I'm glad to hear the Dales will still have you looking over them and keeping them pristine. Happy riding safely to you sir.  :123A:
   :763:  Sonny.  Yes the little v will be fine for my needs. With a little help from tuning gurus these thing lap the Isle of man TT circuit at an average speed of 119 MPH . So my jaunts around the Dales and Lakes will not present any problems to one.

Richard, who currently owns a little Versys is in for a real treat. He rode my bike for about 50 miles through the twists and turns, and humps and bumps of the Dales, followed by a dash through Weardale, and to say he was pleased with the bike is an understatement.  :2:

However, Richard is living under threats of violence  :125:  if after the bike leaves here next week it is not kept in the mint condition that it is used to. There will be a full inspection by myself when the bike arrives back in the Dales next May for the annual NVM meet.

We move on, things change, and we just have to deal with stuff. The little v will arrive soon, and I will get on it and ride.  The little fella is not Orange unfortunately, but does look splendid in the 019 colours of Black and Silver.      Let the good times roll.  :2:

Online TowerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Biggar.
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 04:55:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
However, Richard is living under threats of violence  :125:  if after the bike leaves here next week it is not kept in the mint condition that it is used to. There will be a full inspection by myself when the bike arrives back in the Dales next May for the annual NVM meet.
  :012: :012: :012:
However, I don't mind / not adverse to a bit of S&M on bikes  :033:

Richard  :008:

S&M = Spannering and Mechanisation   :whistle:
                  Details HERE  :123A:
And the on the V650 forum - www.versys.co.uk

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2018, 06:02:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
  :012: :012: :012:
However, I don't mind / not adverse to a bit of S&M on bikes  :033:

Richard  :008:

S&M = Spannering and Mechanisation   :whistle:

Steady on old chap  :008:     
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 07:15:13 PM »
Now I'm confused...  :107:

G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 11:11:30 PM »
By jove, she looks a bit angry  :125: :5:

Offline longdog

• Versys God
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2018, 09:32:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
By jove, she looks a bit angry  :125: :5:

Yeah, someone just took her Versys off her!
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2018, 02:04:08 PM »
She was given her own bike because she proved to be high maintenance on a pillion seat. A strong willed and spirited woman, that's for certain, but she was rather over-assertive about when to stop, where to stop, how to stop, how long to stop, and painfully intolerant of the slightest maladjustment of the rear spring preload.  :192:

Recent Topics