Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Seat Concepts seat advice  (Read 1182 times)

Bigpete and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline jbobst

• Versys Member
Seat Concepts seat advice
« on: October 10, 2018, 02:39:34 AM »
Looking for advice from those of you with a Seat Concepts seat.  I bought a used Corbin seat a couple months ago, and while the seat is fairly comfortable (better than stock), the height of the Corbin seat ruined the distance and angle of my arms to the handle bars.  Prior to the Corbin, I had put the Motorwerks bar risers on and they were perfect with the stock seat.  I am now considering buying the Seat concepts seat in hopes that it is lower than the Corbin and maybe even lower than the stock seat.  I also do not like the slipperiness of the Corbin leather, and I am hoping the Seat Concepts gripper top will help keep my rear end towards the rear of the saddle.

I plan on sending in my stock seat pan to Seat Concepts to have them install it for me as I've heard installation isn't very fun.  Anyone with a Seat Concepts seat have feedback they might be able to give with regard to height, grip, and comfort?  Thanks!

Jeff

Online weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
Re: Seat Concepts seat advice
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 03:35:25 AM »
I had a Seat Concepts Seat while i was waiting on my Flat Seat fromTerry's Custom Seats. The S/C is lower than the stock seat more comfortable and the gripper material works great. I had a Corbin on My Versys 650..It was the worst seat i have ever owned.. ( Went through 7 seats on that bike)

Stock Seat to Seat Concept Seat Kawasaki Versys 1000LT by weljo2001, on Flickr

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 03:37:28 AM by weljo2001 »
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Justa_Poser

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Missouri, USA
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »
I had a Seat Concepts seat and it was much better than the factory seat, but I don't know that I would say that it lowered the seat height to the ground.  In my mind, it was about the same.

I now have a Corbin seat and it is a bit wider in the front and a little flatter, overall and seems to be slightly taller than the factory seat.

My bike has been lowered an inch, front and back - just enough to get me flat-footed.

For me, the Corbin is more comfortable.

Your mileage can, and will vary.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline endurorider616

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Fort Mill, SC
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 02:54:17 PM »
Similar to Justa-Poser, I went from stock, to Seat Concepts, to Corbin.  Seat Concepts  was a huge improvement all around and I generally liked it.  We had it made with the smooth material for me and the gripper for the passenger area.      However, my wife insisted and actually bought us a Corbin (she loves the Corbin saddles with the back rest and heat options, and since most of my riding is two-up, I couldn't say no).   It was a massive improvement over stock as well, but with its wide flat seating area I found I sat too high.  So I ended up lowering the bike 1" front and rear.   The wider Corbin and the lowered suspension provides great comfort with ability for me to have both feet flat on the ground while stopped.  Corbin and lowering proved to be the best combination for us, but that in no way detracts from the excellent Seat Concepts product, I am sure you will love it.             

Online Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 07:09:41 PM »
Im using a SC Seat on my Versys and I like it....I didn't at first but after it broke in a bit it was fine.
I dont have the gripper on mine, but I did have it on another bike and did not care for it so I chose not to get it this time around........like many things its a personal preference.

Recent Topics