Komboloi Komboloi
5 Posts
TYKE TYKE
5 Posts
francis83 francis83
3 Posts
Skip
3 Posts

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: I bent a rim the other day...  (Read 150 times)

Offline Groanup

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2017 V1K
  • City / Town: Pasadena CA USA
I bent a rim the other day...
« on: October 11, 2018, 02:37:08 AM »
Last week, while riding Angeles Crest, I came around a curve and found a pile of rocks in my path. I failed to miss them all...
Bent my front rim in two places, one on each side.   :006:
So I looked for someplace to get them repaired, and found Dr. Johns Motorcycle Frame Straightening, located in Anaheim California.
I was able to drop the rim off in the morning and pick it up that afternoon. Not only did they fix the wheel without scratching the paint, but they trued the brake rotors as well. Didn't even damage the rim tape!  :152:
I'm happy with the result. If you are in the SoCal area, and need their services, here is the link:
https://www.drjohnsmfs.com/
Don R.

Black... Why'd it have to be black..?

Online weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
Re: I bent a rim the other day...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 02:57:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Groanup [+]
Last week, while riding Angeles Crest, I came around a curve and found a pile of rocks in my path. I failed to miss them all...
Bent my front rim in two places, one on each side.   :006:
So I looked for someplace to get them repaired, and found Dr. Johns Motorcycle Frame Straightening, located in Anaheim California.
I was able to drop the rim off in the morning and pick it up that afternoon. Not only did they fix the wheel without scratching the paint, but they trued the brake rotors as well. Didn't even damage the rim tape!  :152:
I'm happy with the result. If you are in the SoCal area, and need their services, here is the link:
https://www.drjohnsmfs.com/

Every video i have riding ACH i always say you have to look out for sand,gravel,rocks and bicyclist....They do a good job keeping the road clear but stuff is always sliding onto it...
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Recent Topics