Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Problem this morning...  (Read 911 times)

Offline Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
Problem this morning...
« on: October 12, 2018, 01:10:26 PM »
This morning, I got a problem. In the dashboard, all the LCD in the KTRC and power mode area are blinking and two amber pilot lights (KTRC and engine) are constantly on. It's the first time ever I got those signals.

I suppose the best is to go to the nearest Kawasaki dealer but even the nearest is quite far. Is anyone here aware of a quick check I could make before I take it to a dealer?

Bike is a 2017 V1000 and is still under warranty.

Offline barbos

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 V1000 LT
  • City / Town: Nashville
Re: Problem this morning...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 01:24:12 PM »
I've had that happen with my Ninja 1000, and it meant the ABS/wheel speed sensors were dirty or malfunctioning.  It can also be caused by running the bike on a rear-stand so that only the rear wheel is spinning.

I cleaned off my sensors and the problem went away.  It might take a bit for the code to clear
Current Bikes:
2017 Yamaha FZ-09
2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT
2007 BMW G650 X-moto

Online Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 01:28:08 PM »
Check your battery with volt meter  for starters , it may be flat.. should be at least  12.9v standing  .. if it is ok.. try a reboot disconnect positive terminal wait 2 min and reconnect.. try again and see what happens

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 06:05:06 PM »
Claude. Have a look at the service code topic in this forum. If you ride the bike as normal 3 times, though it may take more, the ECU will realise everything is ok and the lights should go out. This happened to mine when it was on the Dyno, rear wheel spinning but the front wasn't so it got all confused.

Offline Mutley

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1thou GT
  • City / Town: norwich
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 07:01:50 AM »
Had this happen to me earlier  the year. I CAUSED it by running the engine through the gears to check the chain oiler function.
Look at the post by Paul Smith on Fault Codes.
He gives details of the codes and how to clear them.
If you are sure that there is no fault then clear the codes. If unsure then take to dealer or if the codes return after clearing them.

Offline Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 10:12:30 PM »
I disconnected the battery twice today. First time for about 3 minutes (nothing changed) and second time for about 1½ hours (nothing changed).
Took a ride today and the lamps were still on or blinking.
Got to hardware store and when I left it, all was back to normal (no more lighted pilot lamps or blinking LCD)
I'm quite happy but I wonder what happened...

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 10:50:37 PM »
Have experienced similar on FJR. As others have said a "discrepancy" on Traction Control/ABS sensors, usually when back wheel moved "out of ordinary" to front.

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 09:16:55 AM »
Claude, what happens is the ECU detects there's nothing wrong so once it's detected it 3 times it resets everything.it actually took mine about 7 or eight rides before it reset itself.

Recent Topics