Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Member in Sweden  (Read 207 times)

Vespista1960 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Redeye

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 1000 GT 2018
  • City / Town: Jönköping
New Member in Sweden
« on: October 12, 2018, 06:22:50 PM »
Hello from an ex pat in Sweden, picked up my new Versys 9th October, moved over from a Yamaha MT09 Tracer. Completely different characters Tracer a bit more nimble and somewhat "buzzy", the Versys very relaxing in comparison but still able to hustle when the opportunity arises.
Spent a whole 8hrs today stooging around on an awsome autumn day got a numb bum but I think I'm gonna like this bike :)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 06:24:44 PM by Redeye »

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: New Member in Sweden
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 06:52:33 PM »
Redeye you are most welcome to this forum and also to Versys1000 ownership.

You're going to love this bike as it really  is a true all rounder. .. there's huge amounts of help and friendly advice on here, so if you have any questions all you have to do is ask   :002: 
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 07:48:55 PM »
Yes, welcome, Redeye.  :031: Happy miles to you. These Versys grow on you. They're terrific.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline longdog

• Versys God
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 08:17:07 PM »
Hello and welcome Redeye  :031:
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Online BikerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 V1K GT SE
  • City / Town: SE London
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 10:18:27 PM »
 :185: to the Forum Redeye. You have made a great choice of bike. If you're anything like me you will get plenty of enjoyment riding it. From your pics it looks like great autumnal riding weather in Sweden at the mo - keep em' coming  :152:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:28:04 PM by BikerMan »

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 08:34:16 AM »
 :764:  Oh yes, lots of deep joy to be had from the big V.   I would be amazed if you did not completely fall in love with this bike.  ENJOY.     cheers :031:   Geoff   :2:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline Redeye

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 1000 GT 2018
  • City / Town: Jönköping
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 07:26:42 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys, definitely think I made a good choice of bike, ridden every day since I picked her up. Really comfortable with the way she handles, enjoying every minute  :152:

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 09:18:44 PM »
Yes... neutral, easy handling, suspension good when properly adjusted, brakes well up to the normal mission for the bike. And the engine is great, being of reduced compression and tuned for low and midrange to give a flat power band... changes that leave a Ninja liter engine overbuilt and bulletproof and smooth as can be.

Owners on this board have modded everything, with some success. But the basic package as provided is very well balanced and coordinated. You will enjoy months of realizing more and more what a great bike you have. After that, you won't take it for granted. You will appreciate it every time you ride.  :028:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 12:17:04 PM »
Welcome from West Wales Redeye, I too looked at the Tracer but really really like the Vk....its just so versatile...just like it says on the side.

Offline francis83

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #9 on: Today at 03:34:36 PM »
Hi Redeye and welcome! Not too freezy in Sweden at this time?
The main point is invisible for the eyes

Recent Topics

waggish