Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Versys rider Hampton Ontario Canada  (Read 220 times)

Offline Greenmonster

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2016 V1000LT Green
  • City / Town: Hampton
New Versys rider Hampton Ontario Canada
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:07:34 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I just purchased a (new to me) 2016 versys 1000 in Green, to go along with my Concours 1400. The versys is very nimble and seems custom tailored to the smoky mountain roads (like the dragon and many others) that I love to go on every year in the states.

I encourage any riders who live nearby to Hampton Ontario Canada (near Oshawa) to reach out, as i'm always up for a ride!
2016 Kawasaki Versys1000LT Green
2013 Kawasaki Concours 1400

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: New Versys rider Hampton Ontario Canada
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 03:05:05 PM »
Welcome, Green.  :031:

It will be interesting to see how you divide riding time between the two bikes. We actually have a number of immigrants from the Concours to the big Versys on this board, and another few who keep both up and running.

Happy riding safely to you, and enjoy the forum.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Online Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Greenmonster [+]
Hey Everyone,

I just purchased a (new to me) 2016 versys 1000 in Green, to go along with my Concours 1400. The versys is very nimble and seems custom tailored to the smoky mountain roads (like the dragon and many others) that I love to go on every year in the states.

I encourage any riders who live nearby to Hampton Ontario Canada (near Oshawa) to reach out, as i'm always up for a ride!

Welcome..you got the best color...and here is what your bike will look like on the Dragon..:)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 04:48:05 PM »
A warm welcome to this great forum greenmonster.... you have got yourself a superb bike in the fastest colour  :008: 

I've had a few GTR 1400 (Concourse) and so I can say that the V1000 won't disappoint you
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »
A very warm welcome to you sir.

Offline BikerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 V1K GT SE
  • City / Town: SE London
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 11:32:11 PM »
 :185: to the forum Greenmonster. You have chosen a great bike in a great colour!  :028:

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 12:24:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum from West Wales, I'd be very interested in your thoughts between your two bikes as well.

Have fond memories of the Dragon, I did it a few years ago on a two month trip across the States, but unfortunately at the time I was on a loaded DR650, but still a great road. However, the good news is that countries like Spain have equally brilliant roads and are a bit closer to home so the Vk can get a good workout.

Offline Greenmonster

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2016 V1000LT Green
  • City / Town: Hampton
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 02:39:40 PM »
Thanks to everybody for the very warm welcome!

Crosshairs, Thanks for showing me that pic of you on the Dragon, I am counting the Days til I'm back there to give the Versys a workout on all the amazing roads down there. The 2019 Project "no Chickenstrips" is in the planning stages already, lol!

Tyke, its great to hear a confirmation of what I thought even as early as my test ride on the Versys. It is very agile and a perfect candidate to hit the twisty mountain roads with!

Bart, as I get more seat time on the versys, I will definitely be able to provide my thoughts on the difference between the two bikes. Already, I have a new v-stream windshield on order, since the stock shield is little more than a toy.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:46:21 PM by Greenmonster »
2016 Kawasaki Versys1000LT Green
2013 Kawasaki Concours 1400

Offline francis83

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 03:33:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum!!
The main point is invisible for the eyes

Recent Topics