Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rubbing fairing  (Read 303 times)

Offline DrGonzo615

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Sacramento
Rubbing fairing
« on: October 17, 2018, 03:49:29 PM »
Ive had some vibration in my bike for a little while now and started picking apart the bike to try and track them down when I noticed this. This is where the lower cowling (as called in the parts book) meets the upper cowling and its worn away the paint...this doesnt seem right but everything appears to be connected properly. Ive put some gaffers tape in the spot as a buffer but if something is missing from where these two pieces connect, Im not sure what.

EDIT: Just for clarification, if you look at the plastic push tab thing and look directly to the right you can see there is a small triangle spot where the paint is rubbed off and is down to to the black plastic underneath.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:08:56 PM by DrGonzo615 »

Offline solidback

• Versys Pro
Re: Rubbing fairing
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 07:51:48 AM »
Don't know how common this is but mine's the same. I did the same as you have with tape.
Once the plastics are in place it can't be seen so it doesn't bother me.

Offline Komboloi

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 09:33:07 PM »
I haven't seen the effects of rubbing, but I do notice more vibration on the right side of the bike for whatever reason.
1995 BMW K75
2015 Versys 1000 LT
2018 SYM Fiddle III 200i

Offline Le ptit Quebec

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Paris
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 05:53:20 AM »
Watch carefully how the turn signal wire is placed when the fairing is in place. Dosen't need much to get between parts and screw up the adjusments.

Recent Topics