Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Direccion con mala sensacion  (Read 819 times)

Offline Milwakie

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Tordera
Direccion con mala sensacion
« on: November 03, 2018, 08:30:28 PM »
Hello, already not that is what stays for checking, it is something very subtle but troublesome, when I circulate on line straight line the front wheel tends to be turned towards the left side slightly and in the curves one tends to close the direction very little, is a very strange sensation, I have modified the adjustments of suspension of all the forms have verified the alignment of the axes, already not that to do, if free the manillar in march this one tends to turn to the left side very little, seems that it confronts the curves to the left side like those of rights, it has 7000km but always it has done it, it is very subtle but a sensation of insecurity produces, not if it has happened to someone equally, regards and graces. :761:

Offline Le ptit Quebec

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Paris
Re: Direccion con mala sensacion
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 07:18:32 AM »
Hey, did you also check the tire pressure? To low or to to high will make a difference.

There is also your position on the bike. We are not symmetric, and we almost all have a tendency to sit on one side or the other of the seat. This will slightly lean the bike on one side and make it deviate in the same direction.

A way to chek it, have a fiend with a cam follow you.

Offline markymark11

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Carbon Grey - 2016
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 12:59:21 PM »
..also check the torque on the steering head bearings, if the steering is too tight it can cause "wander" - in fact check all the bolts on the steering, so fork pinch bolts top and bottom etc....
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline Milwakie

• Versys Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 10:14:37 PM »
I'll check the tightening torque even though it takes a lot of work

Offline Milwakie

• Versys Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 09:22:01 PM »
I have verified the pressure but independently from the pressure always it happens to him, I have changed to align of the back wheel, to try and it has not turned out to be a positive, is simply that only forcing with a finger in the left part of the manillar straight line goes correctly but if releases it is turned slightly to the left side, is exasperating, I am upset, this one in guarantee but I prefer not taking her to the concessionaire, for whom who are going to say to me that it is normal, that bla, bla, bla.....

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 06:55:03 AM »
I have been watching this thread, and it is incredibly difficult to analyse the issue, therefore my advice is that you should take your bike to your dealer/concessionaire Milwakie... of course this is your decision  :169: 

Your bike is still covered by warranty and it needs to be professionally assessed  :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 08:56:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by Le ptit Quebec [+]
There is also your position on the bike. We are not symmetric, and we almost all have a tendency to sit on one side or the other of the seat. This will slightly lean the bike on one side and make it deviate in the same direction.
This seems a good explanation for Milwakie's subtle feeling.
Sometimes I also feel like if the bike wants to go slightly on the left releasing the handlebar, particularly when the tyres are near the end (and the oem tyres at 7000 km are likely near the end). This is the classic feeling that grows stronger when you concentrate on it. :033:
I wouldn't worry and would wait for the next tyre change, but TYKE's advice is reasonable.

Offline francis83

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 05:40:40 PM »
I had similar problems some times ago and after the tyre's change it disappeared. Often tyres have invisible defaults that you cannot check. The involved front tyre had 8000 kms.
The main point is invisible for the eyes

Offline Milwakie

• Versys Member
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »
Hello, after replacing the tires the behavior has improved a lot, the oem tires were seriously deformed and the front had a suspiciously asymmetrical wear,
Greetings.

Offline Milwakie

• Versys Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 01:18:25 PM »
Francis83, my tires also had 8000km :notsure:

Recent Topics

waggish