Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member/potential new owner from Virginia  (Read 912 times)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: New member/potential new owner from Virginia
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 09:54:08 AM »
That's the standard way to pick up a new bike, isn't it? Drag ass in to the shop after a big unexpected hassle with the bank and the insurance agent, wasted from no sleep, asking yourself what the hell have I done? Then a nervous ride home, feeling like you are suddenly in bed with a stranger... it's great, but also unfamiliar and somewhat dangerous...  :015: :008:

I always seem to arrange for heavy rains and street flooding on the ride home to get the maximum stimulation from the slippery brand new tires.  :138: :007:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Iceman63

• Versys Member
  • Bike: FZ1 and 18' V1
  • City / Town: Mechanicsville
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 03:55:02 PM »
Oh yeah, of course. I'm to fly back home today, and already having weather delays. And I'm in VA, so we already have more rainy days than sunny...at least this year we have. Now add cold weather to the mix. So we'll see what happens Saturday.

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 05:01:11 PM »
Well good luck. The thing you always have on bike delivery day is unlimited will power to get the thing home no matter what.

When I was to pick up my Versys 1000 there was every reason to believe I would have it by mid-day, in good weather, with time for a nice shakedown ride added to the 28 miles home.

By the time my friend the sales manager handed me the keys, it was dark, it had begun to rain in earnest, the streets were slick as owl poop, and the entire freeway system was in rush hour gridlock. I didn't have my rain gear, either.

Did I have enough sense to call it off and come back to get the bike under better conditions? Are you kidding? I had been pulling teeth since 9 that morning to get to that moment with the key in my hand and all the congratulations and hand shaking completed.

An hour or so later, my baby was sitting in the garage, dripping water puddles on the floor, ticking and cooling and filling the garage with its hot new bike smell. Everything was right with the world.  :757: :123A:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 01:42:19 AM »
 :185: Iceman. See the good times rolling soon. Good luck and enjoy!

This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Offline Iceman63

• Versys Member
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2018, 01:51:00 AM »
Guys, picked the bike up today. Then went for about an 80 mile ride with a buddy. Feels different than my FZ1 of course. But the more I rode, the better it felt. Gotta keep those revs down for breakin though. But I'm not going to baby it too much.
 I think I need to aim the headlights as the high beam is way brighter than low beam. For vertical adjustment,the manual says to adjust both lights at 25ft from a wall or whatever, and drop them about 2" from absolute level. But it does not explain how to aim them horizontally, and I haven't seen anything by searching yet.
 Also, I see a lot of mention of Mk1 and Mk11. What does that mean? Is it referring to model year differences?

Offline francis83

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2018, 01:11:59 PM »
Hi Iceman congrats for your new horse!!

About Mk1 : it's the name we give to the 2012-2014 model that was not imported in US (only in Canada).

The 2015-2018 is the Mk2

So 2019-+ will be the Mk3
The main point is invisible for the eyes

Offline Iceman63

• Versys Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2018, 02:32:21 PM »
Gotcha, thanks francis83

Recent Topics

waggish