Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: V Stream Tall Touring Windscreen impressions  (Read 2097 times)

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Ottawa
Re: V Stream Tall Touring Windscreen impressions
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 08:00:01 PM »
On My Vstrom I have 2 aftermarket windscreens. First is AirFlow by GIVI. In my opinion one of the best one out there. Completely eliminates head buffeting.

The second one is Mudstad:
https://madstad.com/collections/kawasaki/products/kawasaki-versys-2015-up?variant=36884482958

In my opinion Mudstad is Cadillac in the world of windscreens. It is expensive but worth every dollar you pay for it!

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 08:10:06 PM »
It appears that GIVI does not make AirFlow for Versys 1000 second generation, at least that is what I learned form their website.

Mudstad does mention that their screen works for all Versys models from 2012 onwards... Hmmm

Do all Versys 1000 models have the same windscreen mount system/specs? I will be getting my 2019 model next year. First thing I always do is replacing screen for a better one... Hope I could fit Mudstad existing screen in to 2019. Or if not I hope they will release a new one asap...

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 08:45:04 PM »
The 2019 mounting system appears to have changed so you may have to wait in order to have some aftermarket choices.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 12:42:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
The 2019 mounting system appears to have changed so you may have to wait in order to have some aftermarket choices.

:019:

Normally Madstad is quick with new model modifications..

How bad is the original touring (advanced) screen?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:45:41 AM by mr.ford »

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 03:40:41 AM »
Based on Madstud picture they provide adjustable brackets that fit in to the dash. And it looks like parameters did not change:

Offline slowmotion

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Belfast
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 01:26:28 PM »
I always reckon that if the screen is suiting you right there will be no bugs on the helmet visor.
ye must be born again

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 01:54:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by mr.ford [+]
It appears that GIVI does not make AirFlow for Versys 1000 second generation, at least that is what I learned form their website.

Mudstad does mention that their screen works for all Versys models from 2012 onwards... Hmmm

Do all Versys 1000 models have the same windscreen mount system/specs? I will be getting my 2019 model next year. First thing I always do is replacing screen for a better one... Hope I could fit Mudstad existing screen in to 2019. Or if not I hope they will release a new one asap...

This may be of interest to you  :028: 

https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,18940.msg219278.html#msg219278   

The 2019 model screen is a different fitting so I shall be waiting to see if I can adapt anything on my Airflow screen to make it fit, once my 2019 bike arrives   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 04:11:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
This may be of interest to you  :028: 

https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,18940.msg219278.html#msg219278   

The 2019 model screen is a different fitting so I shall be waiting to see if I can adapt anything on my Airflow screen to make it fit, once my 2019 bike arrives

Thanks!

I have heard back from Madstad engineer:

Thanks for checking in about this and making us aware of the model change. As you pointed out, there is enough design change to require us to develop a new system.

We'll need to source a bike but will definitely be adding this to our new product development list. I can't provide you with an accurate completion time, but would anticipate it being within 4-6 weeks, if not sooner.

So we gonna have to wait a bit until they design new brackets for the mounting system.

Cheers,
Ford

Offline orangeaday

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2015 versys 1000
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 04:02:59 AM »
I installed the tall touring V Stream windscreen on my 2015 Versys this year and it was much better than the stock screen for sure but still not as good as I had hoped it would be. What I found to improve the noise & buffeting was to angle the top of the screen back closer to you. This greater angle seems to speed up the airflow coming off the top of the screen and will shoot over your helmet better, plus the screen being closer to you always is an improvement because you are more in the pocket behind the screen. I put a flat washer on the bottom two mounting bolts of the main mount plate to angle it back more, plus shimmed the windscreen on more of an angle too on it's mounts. It is more aerodynamic, looks better and works better.

Offline VersysZen

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 1000
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 02:11:12 PM »
I recently purchased the OEM Touring windscreen and love it - the 6:14 min mark is where the touring screen shows up:
:028:

Recent Topics

waggish