Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Stock sub-harness for auxiliary lights  (Read 332 times)

Offline Arizonapackrat

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 versy
  • City / Town: Tucson
Stock sub-harness for auxiliary lights
« on: November 08, 2018, 04:16:03 AM »
I'm really at the end of the patience roadway. I can't seem to lay my hands on a stock sub-harness to complete wiring some non-kawasaki and not hundreds of dollars auxiliary lights. I can buy the complete set from Kwai for $514, but can't find a $35 part. There is not one in the US and all dealers and on line sellers are out. Ask when and I can see their glazed look like they were across from me. Is this why almost all versy owners go aftermarket and wire directly to the battery? Worst of all is I ordered everything, took the faring off and now have been waiting three weeks because of this out of stock BS. So I need some advice. Give it a couple of weeks? Give up? Put it all back together and wait? This is my first Kawasaki and their parts availability leaves a lot to be desired. And it's not even so much that they haven't got the parts I need. What really burns me is no available date that I can count on. Also they seem to have plenty of complete kits and no individual parts. This gives me the distinct feeling that I'm being driven in a direction I don't want to go. End of Rant. Waiting for advice
1967 150cc Honda Dream (a nightmare to look at).                        1972 450cc Honda Scrambler Moved to AZ on that one.                1976 650 cc Triumph Tiger, crashed.                                        1980ish Honda Silver Wing.                                                     1984 Harley Shovelhead HD means hundreds of dollars.            2016 Kawasaki 1000 cc Versy

Offline DrGonzo615

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Sacramento
Re: Stock sub-harness for auxiliary lights
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »
Im a parts guy for a different industry but the assembly vs. individual parts issue is common across the board, especially when it comes to wire harnesses. Also, Ive definitely run into the issue of parts availability being a joke (sorry if you needed a left fairing support, i took the last one in the country!)

If Kawasaki motorcycles is anything like their heavy equipment division I would expect the lead time to be months. Personally, I would just go aftermarket....or depending how good you are in with your dealer, have them pillage one of their bikes for the harness (Im gonna go out on a limb and say that most wont do this though, especially considering there is no lead time yet.)

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 06:09:32 PM »
For my non Kawasaki auxiliary lights I just used a couple of bullet connectors plugged into the existing spare ones in the nose cone and a bit of wire, maybe this could be an option ?

Offline Arizonapackrat

• Versys Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 11:17:44 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I tried aftermarket and same deal. I called TwoWheel Pros today to cancel my entire order since all the other parts were worthless without the harness. I was told they were in transit to them, and I would have them next week. Course they also told me they would be in on the 6th. So they got a reprieve and I got a little hope. So if they are a phantom the bike goes back together and plan # 23 goes into effect.
1967 150cc Honda Dream (a nightmare to look at).                        1972 450cc Honda Scrambler Moved to AZ on that one.                1976 650 cc Triumph Tiger, crashed.                                        1980ish Honda Silver Wing.                                                     1984 Harley Shovelhead HD means hundreds of dollars.            2016 Kawasaki 1000 cc Versy

Offline whatarush

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Washington, MO
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 03:47:00 PM »
I was looking to add extra lights and found out that the sub harness was on back order. I just put in a set of Xenon HID's from starrotors.com and called it done.

BTW you can get the KIT-ACCESSORY,FOG LAMP 99994-0487 from partzilla.com for $398.32 shipped. When I called, I was told about 5-6 days to my door.

Offline Arizonapackrat

• Versys Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 04:44:36 PM »
Thanks for the reply whatarush. After all my crockadile tears got the message that my parts are on the way. I'm a cheap bstrd and paying the price that Kwai wanted mad me crazy. $500+ for the kit as opposed to $107 for all the wiring. With a set of cheap lights total of under $125. I'm lousy with electrics and wiring into the harness instead of using their existing outlets made me nervous as hell. Tolerances for fuses, relays, and the wiring itself had me very nervous after reading some of the posts while I was researching. Anyhoo, hopefully within a week or so will have everything back together. Thanks again for your feedback and all who replyed

Offline eggy

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: West Sussex
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 08:30:59 PM »
I feel your pain....
I've been trying to do the same here in the U.K.

I've managed to order the loom direct from Kwack. The switch I got from eBay (genuine s/h listing for £9.99  :123A: )

The problem is the bracket..... Kawasaki list a part number for it but you can't order it separately...... I've tried 2 different dealers and even spoken to the local sales rep - they can't supply it separately!!

Recent Topics